Support Group 5

Comments

• Happy Birthday E.P!!

Best excuse for eating cakes that I ever heard (B'day + carb loading !!)
  • Two more runners to be added to this group

Forum Name: Floosie Sue (and clubmate) – Group 5
    Forum Name: Floosie SueReal Name: SusanWearing: Green and yellow "Striders of Croydon" vest, with "SUSAN"  on the front and "Floosie Sue" on the back.Number 26438
    Estimated time to 17 miles: about 3hrs (3:15 with the time to cross the start)Special needs: Lots and lots of cheering and general encouragement please!-  

My clubmate isn't a forumite but please be kind to her too: - Group 5
    Name: Julie
    Wearing: Green and yellow "Striders of Croydon" vest with "JULIE" on the frontNumber: 26436
    Estimated time to 17 miles: about 3hrs (the plan is for us to arrive together!)
    Special needs: Smirnoff Ice (just kidding) and vast amounts of support (its her first mara)
  • Happy Birthday EP - have a great day xx
  • Happy Birthday EP!

Just checking in with you all before Sunday. And want to say "thank you" in advance for doing this. You are a credit to the Forum.

A bit more about me, so you have more of a chance of recognising me - I'm short (about 5'1), have dark hair (in a pony tail) and wear glasses. Will be wearing a green and yellow Striders vest (great club, shame about the colours) and three-quarter length black leggings. Or just look for the knackered woman with a smile on her face (hopefully) - that should narrow it down a bit (hmm)

Julie will be in the same colour vest, she has short curly(ish) hair, no specs and by the time she reaches you should be in the middle of her hysterical fits that usually start at 16 miles on long training runs! this is her first (and she says only) marathon, so she really needs you to be LOUD!

At the moment I am in the middle of full on taper madness, complete with butterflies and increasingly frequent bouts of nausea. But it will all be fine!image

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Floosie

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Happy Burpday Pix

Taper Madness wheyhey image

• Happy Birthday EP!

We will ALL  be fine on Sunday. (i hope) .  In the meantime, I'm off to eat cake too.

• Happy Birthday EP image

Have been to Expo and left some gels at RW stand, 1 bloke working on the stand didnt have a clue what I was talking about!

Walnut cake waiting for me with a steaming mug of coffee  - yummity yum yum

• m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Have I been over to say hi to the 5's yet? I don't think so.......

Quick visit from other on group 2 to wish you all luck.

Hope you all have a great day on Sunday.

Mitts image

• bappy hirthday pixie!

<passes large slice of virtual cake.  would pass a choc eclair but hubby has eaten them all image >

• URGENT MESSAGE

Happychap

Howeyz

Noel McMonagie

Runs4Fun

Tubbyrunner

You have yet to leave us any details.  Please post ASAP - if you don't, beanz and I (and the rest of the supporters) will be unable to cheer for you or lob jellybabies in your general direction!

If you would rather not leave any details on here, please email me via the forum email facility.

END OF URGENT MESSAGE

• The interchange to the DLR at Bank is restricted!!

So - when you are heading to the Excel Centre, or to the start on Sunday - take into consideration the following:

Central Line to DLR - it's a bit of a hike and a nightmare at rush hour so best avoided if possible... 

Northern Line to DLR - unaffected - straight down the stairs as usual.

Monument (Circle/District) to DLR - is completely blocked off.  Get off at Tower Hill instead and switch to Tower Gateway for the DLR (it's only a couple of minutes walk and well sign-posted).

Check out the Journey Planner (click on advanced options on the right of the Home Page) for other options.

i pinched this info from group 6 - muchos gracias to them for that info.

• another urgent message, sorry

babciaruns - you did put your info on the wrong group.  i have put the info with group 6 but am unable to let you know as you don't have email enabled.  head on over to group 6 but you are still welcome to support from us as well!

end of another urgent message!

• night night all image

<sending calming thoughts to all>

please keep your fingers crossed for the megaphone arriving before race day!

• Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, Pixie
  • morning all.. i forgot to bring my stuff with me to the excel center yesterday so i am going to get a friend to drop my gels off tomorrow .. no one at the stand really seemed to know about this stand though!!
  • similar thing happened to me last year but spoke to someone in the know today. i am typing this from the stand at the centre!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO LABEL YOUR STUFF YOU LEAVE AT THE EXCEL CENTRE IN THE SUPPORTERS BOX.

stay calm!
  • Afternoon all - Tweety and Beanz.. .I dropped off 6 packs of jaffa cakes and 2 boxes of jelly babies and food bags - distribute as needed!! I also plonked some torq gels in - they're in a bag with a label... just incase I can still stomach the stuff by the time I reach you all!
  • Just been for a lovely lunch with one of my colleagues. She treated me to a HUGE bowl of pasta.

Last day in work today, off to Expo tomorrow. Very, very nervous now. I've done this before, why do I still feel like this???

DON'T PANIC!

<<breathes deeply>>

We will all be fine. We will all be fine.

• ooh, well done DD. i wondered who left the green bag. do you want your bag back afterwards? i am not going to tell my husband i have six packs of jaffa cakes in the house because there won't be many left by sunday! tony, i have enlisted my mum's help with the football scores for sunday.  she is going to keep sky sports news on for me and text me if anyone scores and also half and full time scores.

<calming thoughts to all runners>

• It's OK Tweety - you can use the bag for whatever you see fit... I have about 50 of them!!!
  • beanz, you have mail.  a list of our runners and all their details!
  • Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭

tweety - I've just replied

I have a long day at work tomorrow and then off to London on Saturday morning

so taper well,  

See you all Sunday 

• Tweety & Beanz, First of all a really big thankyou for everything you are both doing - it is soooo appreciated!!!!!

Secondly - do you need/want a piccie of us to aid identifying us?
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Forum name: Happychap
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Nicky
    Race number: 52055
    Estimated time to mile 17: erm taking it easy this year so hopefully 1.15pm
    What you'll be wearing: black and pink capris, ditto top and a BRAND NEW pair of shiny Mizuno Inspires.  Life on the wild side eh? image
    Any special needs*: plasters?  Jaffa cake and a hug

• Hi there lovely suppoters - in addition to the info already given i just thought I would let you know that as of last night i now have VERY bright fuscia pink hair so hopefully you will be able to spot me!! 

many thanks

Pinks

• Hi pinkerbelle like idea of pink hair. 

Floosie Sue don't panic we will all be fine.  Someone was just telling me that nerves are a good thing, cos if you don't have them your body doesn't ready for that extra push you need.

Just had my last acupunture jab this morn so hoping everything will be ok for Sunday. 

• hiya! i think my stuff got left wtih you today fingers crossed by steady steve.. so you should have 3 gels in a  brown envelope with my name on it and my number and time! what do we do when we see the stand? will there be a sign saying support group 5?