Sub 3

Comments

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    Holding hands, a hi-5 or an ankle tap..... how about a synchronised Robbie Keane cartwheel ala DFC?

coro - it's just the carb loading talking.

Pug - ouch, sounds painful. I know somebody who recently had to have a fasciotomy to relieve the same thing. Fingers crossed for you.
  • MtRMtR ✭✭✭
    TR: I wish my cold was phantom! But I think it will clear. Malt loaf finished, chicken and rice ready to eat.
  • MtRMtR ✭✭✭
    Marigold - why not pop along to Lillywhites to cheer on the crew.
  • 74:00 + 70:59 = 2:24:59.  That is quite a negative split you are putting us on coro.  We would need to be 5 seconds up on this too to allow a nice skipping motion to get into swing...image
  • Good luck record breakers and to FLMers for this weekend!

mario kart marigold - any good? It arrived at home this morning, but I'm out tonight I'm waiting on a report from my eldest (nearly cancelled the night out to play it but realised that was a bit sad!)
    Hopefully get a go in the morning if baby daughter decides to have a decent kip
  • NjordNjord ✭✭✭

End of May isn't so far away Pug.  I'd put money on you be beating me in races again by the end of July.

Great news Ode - congratulations.  Will avoid making any obvious gag about Auz and convicts.

• coroniumcoronium ✭✭✭

Pug - I'm really sorry to hear that.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    MTR
    I hope you toe the line in top form fella - keep the faith.

Marigold
    I'll see you in the pen.
  • MTR - I was going to do a bit of "bonkers treadmill runners" spotting tomorrow!

TR - I will keep an eye out for an orange muscle man and introduce myself

wtgy - Its all gone pear shaped, my hotel room telly won't let me change the source to scart/component so I'm sat here with a Wii,MK and a Wii wheel and I can't play the bloody thingimage That was worth carting up on the train then!

• TR - good luck on sunday, from what i can gather your all ready to go, im pleased as you were so disapointed last year.........really enjoy the WHOLE day and give it everything you've got !!!!

good luck to everyone else

• The expo was expected, although I discovered that the new FastWitch are in “orange”, is there no market for race shoes for the understated runner?

TT – are you really going to use a wide top bottle for last minute relief in the pens.  I have a notoriously weak bladder, which normally means I only enter the Pens at the last minute.  However your plan has potential, although I don’t want to commit a running faux pas (last year someone just stood there pissing on the floor in the middle of the road – which I thought was a bit much).

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Marders

I'm not sure you and BEJ can run slow enough to hit halfway in 74mins

G
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Mattster
    Thanks fella - most kind.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Marigold

Nice one - this is who you're looking for.

Did 3 or 4 miles after work and some strides.

Knee still aches but WTF, after 20M I bet everything else will hurt too.
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    cf - I think you meant TR rather than me, but I'll probably do the same tbh. I've been warned to make sure I'm not near a camera whilst doing it though, so I guess I'd better aim for the 2nd or 3rd row at best image

I have improved from feeling permanently sh!te to alternating between sh!te and not so sh!te. Sounds like progression to me! Only prob is, with all this lemsip I'm drinking, how will I know if I'm properly hydrated or not? image
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Best wishes to all on Sunday and best of luck in particular all the best to Blisters, TR and MTR - go on guys you go and smash that sub3 - I think you will.

Feel very envious of you all, hope you all have a great day, run great races, have a fantastic experience and watch out Ouchie will be on your tail next year!!.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Thanks OO

CF
    Sorry - yes wide necked bottle. CRAB and RB told me to. I like to have a few wee's before the off, and might not be able to just "go" in the pen - wouldn't be relaxed enough.
    So bottle up the shorts and tinkle away - might have to empty it and fill it again though.

Just hope I don't need a magoo - havn't got a plan for that.

• Wide mouthed bottle - thanks, I missed that off my packing list!!!

I have an early train tomorrow, just about to start packing, then will try to get an early night.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    TR - Nothing settles the nerves more than getting that pre-run magoo out of the way.......might have to do the magic shuffle to get it on its way, but that's probably too much detail...go get em tiger.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the magic shuffle - whats that ? Hopefully will do the magoo-ing at home - and stop at services to ensure that the output buffer is empty.

Trying to talk my wife into doing the A3 and M25 part of the drive and I'll just do the last 30 mins - otherwise its a 2 hr drive in her small courtesy car - cos her other car got written off.

the tiger is ready to go indeed.
  • JH 1JH 1 ✭✭✭

I'm definitely not getting this carb loading right. Just had a magnum ice cream.  Should have waited till sunday night really.  Will do easy 3 tomorrow morn as feel I need to move my legs a bit.

TT if you are interested in the 6.15 per mile train I'm on green start and will be wearing an orange with green stripe Woking AC vest and am slightly taller than my clubmate JAP.  You are Reading RR vest which is green isn't it.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    JH1 - I remember you from Wokingham, didn't realise you were Woking AC though. Yep, that's right RRR, green vest with 2 diagonal blue stripes. Assuming this cold clears I'm up for that. Tbh, even if it doesn't I'm probably still dumb enough to have a crack at it anyway image

Right, racing haircut - check, shave - check, toenails - soon to be a check, umpteenth cup of lemsip - check and then bed, a long sleep and right as rain tomorrow image
  • Got my wide mothed bottle packed already - don't want a repeat of last year's Pee-stop punctuated run.

Good luck to all for Sunday, see some of you on Green I'm sure, and perhaps get a train going with Dan A and NDOW?

• MtRMtR ✭✭✭

2 sleeps to go, one day of rest and then I will try and drag this virus-ridden body round London. 6 months of training about to go down the pan, but what the hell, I've got a GFA time for next year anyway, so it's a sh!t or bust session on Sunday morning.

I am actually feeling much better, but I ran for a bus on the way home and didn't enjoy that much and that was only 26.2 yards.

• Marathon Rankings 08

CRAB
    2:29 Lillywhites April 08.

As you WeRe.

• Brian61Brian61 ✭✭✭
    Crab, Top banana! Guees you've had your gait analysed too....
  • Brian61Brian61 ✭✭✭

Time to go for the train.

Good luck everyone!

• PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    Fair play I'm knackered..... Ode
  • DoT / Dan A - Certainly interested in getting a train going - to confirm my number 31013 - yellow vest/ black shorts/ yellow shoes

Good luck to everyone - I hope the race plans work perfectly!

• TT & TR – sorry for the confusion, getting far too excited now, I think I am going to give the wide bottle thing a go.

TT – hope the cold continues to clear.

Starting to get nervous now, I know my target MP of 6.05 is ambitious, however trying to take confidence from the reading 74 mins, good taper and to be honest anything less than 2.44 will be a result.  

Now off for family day at the “Didcot railway centre” – will be lot more productive than just hanging around the house.

Looks like WR attempt is coming on a treat.