Options

Support Group 5

12346»

Comments

• Options

Hi all - I went to the stand yesterday and left a couple of gels with a guy who didn't have the faintest idea what I was talking about!

'Oh, he said, I'll just put it down here' - I didn't put my name on it or anything!  If I collapse from gel deficiency at mile 23 can we blame him!

What can I do? HELP!!!

• Options

it seems to depend on who you speak to at the stand.  linsey, what gels did you put in there?  we may be able to work out which are yours by process of elimination!

if anyone wants to email a picture, you can.  just send me an email via forum, i can reply and then you will be able to send a pic.  probably best to send it to me as beanz may not be online again before sunday.

calming thoughts to all forumites.

• Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭

Just dropping in for a last Good Luck

Remember - enjoy it, whatever your speed, you are a RUNNER.

See you all tomorrow. 

• Options
    See you guys tomorrow.  Nerves kicking in now image
  • Options
    Good Luck everyone!! Looking forward to see'ing you 2mrw.
  • Options

this time last year, i got two text messages from fellow forumites which i shall now relay to you all

THIS TIME TOMORROW, YOU WILL BE A MARATHON RUNNER.

sleep tight all.

• Options

Tweetie and Beanz, thank you so much for your support yesterday - due to injury and consequent undertraining I was already flagging by mile 17 so it was great to have something to look forward to. Got round v slowly but am just happy I finished!

Hope you had a good day and didn't get too soaked image

• Options
    hope everyone is ok today. you all did a fantastic job. wear that medal with pride today!
  • Options
    Thankyou sooo much to Tweety and Beanz... sadly I totally missed you all as I was in another place yesterday when I wondered past you all..... but I know that lots of runners got a huge amount of support from you all, and knowing that you were there if I needed you all - it meant a huge amount.. so thankyou! image
  • Options
    your jaffa cakes went down very well with runners doodle - thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the support - I too was flagging by mile 17, so it was good to have a staging post to aim for.  Excellent wine gums!  Not sure how I managed to get both sun burnt and frozen in the same day - but loved (almost) every minute of it.
  • Options

Hi guys, thanks for the support yesterday.  I too had been looking forward to seeing you from about 15 miles.  I was really starting to hurt at mile 17 so the big cheer was much appreciated.  I couldn't believe how loud you guys were.  I got some Jelly babies but could only manage a breathless Thank you at the time.  So thanks again for all the work you put in to organise it and the big cheer.  You are all Stars.

• Options
    RichardWRichardW ✭✭✭

I was sorry to have missed you yesterday.  I had a reason to stop at groups 4 and 5, saw 4 first, and then I moved on until I realised that I'd obviously gone past the support area.  Didn't see the sign;  but it's clear that you did a grand job for those that were lucky enough to sample your JBs and friendly welcome. 

I returned home and signed up for next year; maybe I'll see y'all again then. 

Thank you for everything you did for 'our' runners.

• Options
    Many thanks for all your support, sorry I was too tired and too focussed on getting going again to be very sociable. See you all next year!
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Thanks so much for the jaffa cakes, orange pieces and hugs.  Kept me going for quite a while after that.

You all did a great job - appreciated muchly

HC

x

• Options
    I couldn't see the support group!!!! i saw a sign saying runners world stand 100 meters and then couldn't find it!!! no gels for me!!