Is this man a Fraud?

What do you think of this?

I have been visiting the start and finish of the London marathon for years. Six years ago we saw ‘Tommy the clown’ at the Red start pushing his little trolley with buckets hanging from the sides and carrying buckets collecting money from all that was generous enough to donate to his charity, he came walking across the start line nearly last. The two following years he did the same. But whilst I was watching at the finish we saw him and he finished in about four and a half hours. In 2005 & 2006 I competed in the London Marathon, in 2005 my wife saw him cross the start line nearly last, walking and again collecting money in buckets etc. I finished in just under 4½ hours, my wife saw Tommy the clown and he had finished before me. An over 65 year old carrying buckets of money and pushing a trolley. I thought this man must be fit!!

Yesterday I was not competing but was watching at the red start, guess who I saw come out second to last? Yes it was Tommy the Clown’ with buckets of money and his trolley. I took his runners number to check his finish time as this had always baffled me

He completed it this year in 5hrs 39 mins, pretty good you might say. But this is how he achieved it. Here is Tommy the clowns number from yesterday 39864, type this into the results page on Flora London Marathon website and all is explained.

IMO this man makes a mockery of what it’s all about.

Comments