good for age

Hello everyone, I did it and came in a surprising 3 hours 42 minutes, so it seems I qualify for a quarantied 2009 good for age entry. Please help me, I couldn't find any info on it. Does it mean that I don't have to apply for the online ballot? Thanks, and well done all

Comments

• From what I remember about GFA entry, you do NOT go through the general ballot but apply on a completely separate entry. Having said that, things have changed this year, with it being an all-online affair!

Well done on your time by the way! It's a fantastic achievement. I have no idea how old you are, so I don't know if it is a GFA qualifying time. I thought GFA for under 49 females was 3.15 (which I will never do in a blue moon)image

• Thank you Liverbird, the qualifying time is under 3.45 for women under 49 and by now I found on the Marathon Website that I don't have to apply online but by post, but I couldn't find the closing date for applications. I may come back here later when all the runners are back from the pub image , someone may know how it works.
  • I am delighted for you Edith, that you have a GFA! image You must be like Speedy Gonzales!

Bloody well done!

The FLM website is best avoided at the moment, as I hear nothing but trouble from other forumites! As you will have a guaranteed place, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The closing date for applications is not necessarily fixed this year. and cannot be relied upon as I believe they are closing it when they reach 120,000 applications.

I could only get near 3.45 if they allow heelies.....image

• The female championship qualifying time is 3:15 (ie you start with Paula et al at 9am!).
    The female GFA starts at 3:45 and becomes more generous the older you get.

So- you'll get a guaranteed GFA place. Have a trawl around the FLM site and the info is in there.
  • PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    I took a look earlier and GFA follows the same procedure as last year - send proof of time together with proof of age (passport, driving licence) to FLM by the deadline and they'll send you an entry slip. So far, they don't seem to have decided what the deadline is but it was in October last year.
  • Thank you all for your help. I have one more question, does anyone know how and when I have to pay?
  • I am in the same situation 3:42:59 image and have found I have to apply by the closing date for a GFA entry for 2009, and the closing date isn't stated on the website! I think I will leave it a few weeks, and then phone them.