Groundhog Day

Comments

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    I don't get it ??? Somebody please explain !
  • Declare yourselves and avoid confusion and misjudgements that we have all suffered I guess.

me:

Politics: extreme left wing

Religion: none -though spiritual

loves:

running
    good food
    laurel & Hardy
    writing
    reading
    counselling
    people who acheive something from nothing (not entrepreneurs)
    wimmin
    Yoga

Hates

Capitalist greed
    snobbery(intellectual and materialist)
    violence and abuse
    Mrs Thatcher and all she stood for.
    Racism and sexism.

values - people, life, openness and equality.

what about you? (bet you I've got some of you wrong)
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    ROFL!

...I bet you copied and pasted that, you lazy dog

;o)
  • Don't worry everyone, Hoose Poirot is in the case!
  • <<<<didja see? didja? the one thing I would have changed...>>>>

• All I did was post a thread about a recent experience and it has been repeated 3 times, someone posted words to a song, I get a report on which running shoes not to buy, lots of sniggering and a map of the world. Go figure !
  • (it REALLY is wearing a bit thin though I have to say)
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    you all need help!

but you made me laugh...
  • 1. go to www.google.com
    2. click on "maps"
    3. click on "get directions"
    4. type "New York usa" in the first box (the "from" box)
    5. type "London uk" in the second box (the "to" box)
    6. click "Get Directions" button
    7. scroll down to step #23
  • All weekend I've been busy... and the ONE thread I wanted to get back to see... was this one... completely cracked me up... forumite humour at it's best. Nothing like it!!!!!!

Now, I wonder HOW LONG we can keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Indeed

I bet you cut and pasted that you lazy dog!

• My loose understanding of TSH and T4 is

If you haven't got enough thyroxine (T4) then the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) goes bonkers (aka high) trying to wake up your thyroid and get it to function......

So a high result just says it's coaxing your thyroid into action. As soon as T4 is managed correctly (you're quite close) your TSH will settle.

FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) does the same for your ovaries. FSH is high? then you're approaching menopausal

• Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.
  • To Whom It May Concern

I recently purchased a pair of Saucony Vision Shoes from the M & M website.

I am a serious runner who typically does 40 to 50 miles and week training and I take part in regular marathon and half marathon races, for a long time now I have worn Asics Kayano shoes without a problem. I decided to try the visions having heard good things about them and having read the technical data on the shoes. The first time I wore the shoes was for a short 10k run, during the run they destroyed my feet and left them badly blistered and very painful, I put this down to breaking the shoes in and decided to give them another try. I wore them again a week or so later once the original blisters had heeled, this time I wore them in a half marathon race in Carlisle. As a result I have been left in agony with terrible blisters and deep tissue bruising which will stop me running for at least 2 weeks according to my Doctor. I am appalled by these shoes and I suggest you think carefully before buying them. the second run whilst wearing these I am a very experienced runner who takes care of his feet and always wears good quality socks etc, I haven't had any problems with my feet in the past.

I wrote to Saucony to complain and they sent a very weak reply saying the shoes were selling well!

You have been warned!!!
  • the usual suspects will pick it up tomorrow and 'contribute' their usual wit and humour
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    I don't get it ??? Somebody please Spain!
  • Unlike ducks or chickens, geese are very territorial, especially if it's breeding season or their young are nearby.

There is a chance this goose still won't like you, even if you do have bread, as you will still be intruding on 'his turf'!

On the other hand, if he gets used to seeing you and he eventually learns that you pose no threat then he may come to accept you running through his garden.

My suggestion would be to keep running, and ignore him as much as possible, even if he is nipping at your heels. The more attention you give to him, the more likely he is going to think you present a risk and the more he is likely to want to fight you.

Does that make it clearer Jose (can't do your accent thing, sorry)

• Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

now, THAT is....interesting

0)

• I don't get it ??? Somebody please explain !
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

Easy

I recently purchased a pair of Saucony Vision Shoes from the M & M website.

I am a serious runner who typically does 400 to 500 miles and week training and I take part in regular marathon and ultra marathon races, for a long time now I have worn shoes without a problem. I decided to try the visions having heard good things about them and having read the technical data on the shoes. The first time I wore the shoes was for a short 100k run, during the run they destroyed my feet and left them badly blistered and very painful, I put this down to breaking the shoes in and decided to give them another try. I wore them again a week or so later once the original blisters had heeled, this time I wore them in a half marathon race in Carlisle. As a result I have been left in agony with terrible blisters and deep tissue bruising which will stop me running for at least 2 weeks according to my Doctor. I am appalled by these shoes and I suggest you think carefully before buying them. the second run whilst wearing these I am a very experienced runner who takes care of his feet and always wears good quality socks etc, I haven't had any problems with my feet in the past.

I wrote to Saucony to complain and they sent a very weak reply saying the shoes were selling well!

You have been warned!!!

• It's deja vu all over again.
  • slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Just ran the Disney Marathon last week-end ( it was brilliant ) and at 22 miles I told myself never again.....and yet here I am having just entered another marathon in 3 months time.
    This running bug is addictive : isn't it fab to be able to do this sport and love it !
  • All I did was post a thread about a recent experience and it has been repeated 3 times, someone posted words to a song, I get a report on which running shoes not to buy, lots of sniggering and a map of the world. Go figure !
  • Kryten - it's an old 'Groundhog Day' thread joke - if you pop over to General you'll see what I mean.
  • Hi chaps, I'm doing a dissertation for my PhD in marketing,
    can you [color=red] please [/color=red] tell me
    what colour green flashes you all wear for your jogging?

My email address is /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]pspam-me@hotmail.com]spam-me@hotmail.com

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Well, it's Groundhog Day... again... and that must mean we're up here at Gobbler's Knob waiting for the forecast from the world's most-famous groundhog weatherman, Punxsutawney Phil, who's just about to tell us how much more winter we can expect.
  • They say we're young and we don't know
    We won't find out until we grow
    Well I don't know if all that's true
    'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

(thought the thread needed a sound track)