Training Partner-SE Essex

I have been running for a couple of months now on and off mainly on my own, can anyone recommend a good club in the SE of Essex or someone else who is looking for a running partner.

Comments

• Where abouts are you in Essex Nicemonkey?
  • Oh I'm sure Southend have got their own running club - if not, there's a club called Castle Point Joggers - I think they meet in Benfleet - so that's not too far from you is it? I'm in Billericay. The Southend running club recently organised a 10K along the sea-front - I can't remember the name of the club now.. I'll have a look and let you know.. bear with me a minute!
  • Nicemonkey - there is a club called Benfleet Running Club who obviously meet in Benfleet!. I was confusing them with the Castle Point Joggers - I'm not sure where they meet, but must be around that same area. The Southend one I was thinking of are called The Vestal Virgins, but I've had a look at their website and they're not looking for any new members! Anyway, if you look up www.southendraces.co.uk, that lists some local running clubs, and hopefully you'll be able to find one near you. If not, you could always go along or ring Southend Athletics Club who might be able to help, or steer you in the right direction. Good Luck nicemonkey!
  • Typical, when I lived in Rochford I couldn't find a running partner locally. I move away from the area in May and now someone needs one...Doh!
    Castle Point Joggers are a good bunch, I went there a few times but couldn't really commit due to work.
    Good luck!