why: Resting due to injury.

Last hard: Thursday
Last rest: Today

Come on you lot!

Comments

• After all that you're resting?

Right that's it i'm using same message

Morning all,

What - Today I will mostly be doing a walk/run with Mrs G - nothing strenuous, but 2.5 miles is a long way for her to carry me

Why - she's a fledgling runner and I think she's actually starting to get the bug

Last hard day - yesterday
    Last rest day - Sunday
  • What: today I'm having a day off running
    Why: footy match
    Last hard day: yesterday (Monday)
    Last rest day: Sunday (I did a gentle cycle ride instead of the usual long run)

Really dark nights now, gotta try to run in the morning - ouch!
  • slow jog , early am
    Why
    Cos I gotta
  • what - speed interval work at gym
    why - schedule says so
    last hard day - yesterday
    last rest day - sunday

day 2 of marathon training. heh, this is easy!! ;-)
  • 6/7 mile run with club, then night out with Jack Daniels.
  • Morning all

What: Not sure couldn't do run last night calf too sore - it feels alot better today.
    Probably go to the gym and test it out on the treadmill.

Last hard: Saturday
    LAst Rest: Sunday and monday

Is anyone else feeling really low at the moment???????
  • What: session on Hoylake promenade with members of Wirral AC - don't know what's planned though. First time I've trained seriously with others since school days, so a bit nervous!

Why: One of their number invited me. First time I turned up 2 weeks ago they'd all gone for a meal though! He did ring last night to confirm it was on for tonoght however

last hard day: Sun (I suppose)
    last rest day: Sat

Paul L - re last night's comment - you have to look at our performances in the light of previous form. You're on the up - keep going and 8:05 will seem slow to you in time. Conversely, I seem to be going the other way right now. Maybe tonight's session
    - if I can make it a regular event - will help to reverse this.

Lanny - yes, I always tend to feel a bit low at this time of year. I blame the clocks going back and coming home from work in the twilight & having to run in the dark.
  • Long run day for me and it's just started raining - hard.

What: 10m hilly trails
    Why: Because like the rest of you I must be out of my tiny mind.

Last rest: Yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday

Must go running, must go running, must go running.............
  • Hi everybody.
    What: Some easy x-training (still in rehab! but almost running!!)

Why: Did a spinning class yesterday so count that as HARD well it was for me!!

Last rest: Saturday
    Last hard: Sunday
  • First time I have done this so here goes...

What: - exercise video this evening (sad)
    Why: - husband at work, children in bed, children off school for half term, so can't go out during day

Last rest day - last week
    last hard day - week before last
    Just getting started again after a couple of weeks taking it very easy (being abit lazy)

I am thinking of buying an exercise bike for when I can't go out in evening, any advice on what to buy, from where, and how much?
    Ta, Tiny
  • What:- 12 miles fartleck
    Why:- because I need a long session this week for flm

Last rest day - Sunday
    Last hard day - today

Tiny buy a spinning bike
  • What - Experimental 40 min lunch time off road run, looking for a few hills
    Why - Need to get into this off road stuff, but there are no streetlights in fields (hence lunch time).

Last Rest - Friday
    Last Hard - Saturday
  • What: rest
    Why: marathon yesterday

Might even have the next couple of days off too, at least till the feeling comes back to my knees.
  • What: easy gym session with 15 minutes rowing, 30 minutes pratting about with weights, 15 minutes striding. Feel a good deal loosened up as a result.

Why: why not?

Last rest day: yesterday

Last hard day: Sunday - Stroud Half-Marathon (PB achieved - whooopeee)

• What: Another rest day (if getting up at 5:00 am for a round trip to Amsterdam can be called a rest!)
    Why: Race last Sunday
    Last rest day: Yesterday
    Last hard day: Sunday

Next running day? May pop out for a 2-mile jog tomorrow
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    What: Nothing.
    Why: Stinking cold, feel like death. Tried running the bug out last night and felt fantastic afterwards (oddly enough best run I've had in a while!) then couldn't sleep last night so feel lousy today.
    Last rest day: Sunday (strong winds, didn't relish being crushed by a falling tree).
    Last hard: Not for a while as my calf has been giving me a bit of grief, so have been trying to go easy. My 'easy' seems to translate to about 8:30-9:00 minute miling so I guess not too easy!
  • What: Rest day
    Why: per schedule and working

Last rest day: Saturday
    Last hard day: Sunday (race)

pace running round track tomorrow Yippee (not)
  • what: 9 miles in pinewoods/sand dunes, steady pace
    why: was able to run in daylight so i like to go off road
    last hard day: long run on sunday
    last easy day: yesterday (3 miles due to work and other stuff cropping up)
  • Where do you live Severa, sounds delightful.

What: rest.
    Why: just got in from work, and anyway I'm knackered from last night.
    Last hard: club session last night - I am finding they take it out of me.
    Last rest: Fri

I'm a bit concerned some of you appear to have officially started your flm training!
    Agree with the time of year feeling, must be time to buy some new kit.
  • What: Treadmill session

Why: My trainer told me to

Last hard: Tonight 16x2mins at 16kph (thank God the machine doesn't go any faster)
    Last hard: Sunday hard hilly run

Spinning? Tried it. Found it boring and extremely easy. Sorry but that's the truth
  • Just about capable of dragging myself to PC to record tonight's outing with various Wirral AC athletes. I was in a group of 5 (2 men, 2 women) - all the others beat me by at least a minute at Chester Zoo.
    No exact record - HRM has been sent to Polar for servicing & repair/to be written off (delete as applicable).
    However:
    1 mile easy
    1/3 mile hard
    1/3 mile easy

2 x (1/3 mile hard uphill; jog recovery down the other side; hard back up; jog down)
    - gradient about 1 in 10

1/3 mile easy
    1 mile hard
    1/3 mile easy
    ¼ mile flat out
    1 and 2/3 mile jog recovery

bloody hard - but I did notice the difference in having runners around/in front when it got difficult.
    Glad to have got it over. Can't wait for next Tuesday (assuming I eventually recover).
  • You've never spun properly i.e with hrm then
  • Freaky,
    Yes I have but I'm afraid I still found it very easy. Probably too used to being on a bike and too used to running fast sessions on treadmill with my heart rate high. Sorry to disappoint
  • Have to concur about spinning, though I know exactly why I find it easy: I ride my ('real') bike very fast rather a lot!

Suspect for most people it might be rather more beneficial than it is for us cycling speed demons? :)