Stephensons' Tholthorpe 10K

hi ya some advice needed please. Have done a few 5k races and would really like to attempt a 10k .Like the sound of this one but would it be ok for a novice like me

Comments

• Hi Russie, this is a lovely run, not completely flat especially at the finish but it is very picturesque. I've just sent off for my number which is unusual for me as I'm not usually so organised! I would definitely recommend it for a novice, just remember not to go off as fast as you would for a 5K! If you pace yourself correctly, you'll not struggle in the second half orf the race.

There is a little duck pond and the village hall sells ace sarnies and buns! Not to mention the cups of tea!
  • Thanks Roz
    Will probably give this one a go then,considering joining a club at present so it will be good to give me something to aim for and keep me motivated.
  • Roz
    Well i've finally sent off for my number so there's no going back now. Thanks again for your reply.
  • The race is 1 lap. Does this mean we finish near the start ? (I'm just thinking of parking as I will be driving down on my own). Sorry if this is a silly question as a lap does suggest we start and finish at roughly the same place.

Regards
  • Hi Tom
    When my number came back for this run there was a letter enclosed which tells you all about parking refreshments etc.Also a map of the course start and finish both near to car parking.Hope this helps.
  • Hi everyone. Not sure whether you managed to do the race when you posted on here but it is listed again for September 3rd this year.
    Same parking as before (lots of and close) and tea and cake in the village hall by the local WI ladies.
    Chip timing this year too!
    Kevin