IMCH 2009

Comments

• Just to reduce my stress levels somewhat ... does anyone know when this sold out last year

thanking you please
  • Race was 24/6/07

23/8/07 1500 already entered

20/9/07 fully booked (2400 applicants)

YMMV

• Thank you Ferret

I suppose there is every chance as well that they may extend the entries as IMF has done this year
  • Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Come on Meldy - I'm waiting for you to enter so I can ask for a passout to come and watch and wonder
  • I think you should all have a whip round Beanz ...  its about time you lot paid for your pleasure/my pain
  • Am out.  Doing Lanza instead  image

(V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gertie (Tri Virgin, please be gentle with me)
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Nam (oh shiiiiiiiit!!!!) (V)
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)
    Slummo
    BendyJ

DITHERING (till after IMF, pay day, leave pass etc)
    Kanga
    Meldy
    Foggy, but will be going on to DOING list after an appropriate amount of dithering
    Holly_Golightly
    kittenkat (yes I know what I said repeatedly, but I'm obsessed (in a good way).. and no, don't mention it to Mr kk
    Dark Vader (need to discuss with Classicaldiva first)
    Hollywood (I've never done an IM without Squishy - need her to sign up first)
    NWO ( need to check the cost and clear it with the missus! )
    Squishy (I'm sure she'll do it if Hollywood is depending on her image
    IW (IF I can get permission)
    Silent Assassin (if funds permit) (V)- Must enter and do some training with JPenno
    Barry K - funds permitting as the first step.
    Sluggie (dithering virgin)

GOING BUT DOING THE OLYMPIC DISTANCE
    Garr (Hopefully! Should be able to get away with not training for this one!!)
    LJS (if I can persuade him to go)

NEVER DOING AN IRONMAN EVER (I think this is the same as dithering)
    Shiraz (V)

SUPPORTING
    LE - Possibly maybe, also looking at doing the Oly tri the day before, unless I do Bala on July 14 2009...
    Mr emmi and mini emmi Pirates (maybe 2, maybe 3?)
    Mrs Podro and the Podlets
    Mrs Silent Assassin & mini Assassin

• Lanza can wait for another year............... I'm going with the bigger gang - more support I reckon!  Losing ones virginity should be fun.  Hum, "fun".  Not sure how I should quantify that so I will shut up! image
  • Lanza sounds just to painfull for a first one

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    perhaps it should be nicknamed the hymen
  • LOL....

Seems to be than many virgins going you could make a coat!!

*shuffles off to the naughty step* 

• Am out.  Doing Lanza instead  image

(V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)
    Slummo
    BendyJ

Kanga
    Meldy
    Foggy, but will be going on to DOING list after an appropriate amount of dithering
    Holly_Golightly
    kittenkat (yes I know what I said repeatedly, but I'm obsessed (in a good way).. and no, don't mention it to Mr kk
    Silent Assassin (if funds permit) (V)- Must enter and do some training with JPenno

oxy- (will this be the best supported pirate race ever? Just cause i want to race Garr, it can be an undertrained/campness ultimate face off!)

Shiraz (V)

SUPPORTING
    LE - Possibly maybe, also looking at doing the Oly tri the day before, unless I do Bala on July 14 2009...

• really oxy???  you're doing Lanza?
  • roflol what a mistake!

(V) = Ironman Virgin

DOING
    Bedders (V)
    Calf
    Crashie
    emmilou
    Ferret
    Gyraffe (V)
    Hope (V)
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jonsi (V)
    MarkF (V)
    mellifera
    Podro
    PSC (V)
    Rio (V)
    SyM.es
    JPenno (V)
    Slummo
    BendyJ

Kanga
    Meldy
    Holly_Golightly

oxy- (will this be the best supported pirate race ever? Just cause i want to race Garr, it can be an undertrained/campness ultimate face off!)

Shiraz (V)

SUPPORTING

• I can't believe Oxy's going to tackle Lanza.......................do they do a Lanza relay????
  • That almost made me divorce my husband to fly out and watch it.......................................image

He won't let me near an ironman raceimage

• ummm [tries to chose words carefully, especially as this is not something he's very good at] how does the whole "letting you do things" work? do you have lists of requests and he puts ticks or crosses next to them depending on what he approves of, or what?
  • I keep on wanting to galivant around the country leaving him to look after our not so easy kids...........................

He eventually says enough is enough.................its your turn.......................Its a balance thing...................If the kids had left home I could go anywhere and he would just choose to come or stay depending if he fancied it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We just talk over whats practible or not..................................................I suppose I could get a job and the problem of lack of money might be solved.......................

• i see, so more like agreeing its impossibility than being actually "banned"?

maybe you could start up a business, you could hire out chairs? image

• lolimage

after I came back from FLM and wanted to go to Bala he said no it was too soon  but I managed to change his mind......................just got to wait for another weak moment and pounce......................

• Oxy...why not do the whole IM?

It might give you a little more incentive to train...

...and...(I haven't said this really) it might be that Mrs RB will do IMCH if she can learn to swim...and if she does it then I 'might'....and I know you'd like to beat me...wouldn't ya Burger Boy??  imageimage

• lol at the incentive to train, it didn't really work for germany!

i wouldnt really be able to start bike training till the start of May so it would probably be impossible anyway.

• Why the late start on bike training??
  • Pit Stop Crew wrote (see)

LOL....

Seems to be than many virgins going you could make a coat!!

*shuffles off to the naughty step* 

i was going to make  a joke about us all losing our virginity together......... not sure I want to now. image
  • Pit Stop Crew wrote (see)
    I'm going with the bigger gang - more support I reckon!  Losing ones virginity should be fun. 
    Yes... and be done in public... in a large group... wearing yellow lycra!!  image
  • ...nothing strange there, Nam...just another Piratey day....image