Options

Garmin Forerunner 305 problems anyone else ?

Comments

• Options

Question...........

I'm loading all my TC data into sports track. In TC I view distance in miles but ST shows it in km's. Anyone know how I change ST to miles?

• Options

ST v2 beta or the older version, same thing.

Bottom left of screen

Settings >Display >

Shows all the variables. 

• Options

I'm going to start a new thread to include handy hints on using SportTracks ? Maybe include how it compares to TC or MotionBased.

I'll put it in the Training section as it and the FR305 are surely great training tools.

Look for 'Experiences Using SportTracks'. 

• Options
    How do you import maps/courses that you've created in mapmyrun into your Garmin. I've saved the data as a .crs file and .gpx files but Garmin training centre (well the mac version) doesn't seem to recognise the files only .tcx files.
  • Options
    In the windows version there is a drop down box with "all Files" as one of the options, click it and you can see crs files, dunno about macs, can't afford one ha ha...
  • Options
    JJ2JJ2 ✭✭✭
    I have a new 305 & find the alarms are much quieter than the 301. Is there any way to adjust the volume?
  • Options
    Look a few posts up By rununman...
  • Options

hi - i have having HUGE problems with my new Garmin -

I have the 305 - got it as a xmas gift - never used on before - i expeceted a few probs learning how to use it but i cant get it to work at all rally

i am desperatly trying to load the Runners world training schedule to the training center - i get a list of  traning sessions under workouts but nothing in my calender at all -

i spoke to Garmin and they say i am loading last years 2007 schedule - that is why i cant see in in 2008 calender.  They told me to speak to runners world to get this rectified

Runners world have been no help -  they just tell me to speak to garim as it is software issuew.

i am usure what ot be looking for as i am a newuser and  so any help is MORE than appreciated

thanks guys

• Options
    JJ2JJ2 ✭✭✭

Mr Puffy,

How do I do that?

• Options
    Sorry-I should have said that there is an earlier post on this page by Rununman who raised the query with Garmin and they replaced the forerunner.

I too find the alarms very quiet but I haven't owned one before so I don't know. The post doesn't tell you how to turn up the volume..
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Transfer your allegience to Sports Tracks, it works
  • Options
    I can't hear the alarms either. Anyone standing next to me can though !! My eyes aren't too good either image
  • Options
    It's a function of birth-date, Muzz. As long as I can hear enough not to get run over by a bus (or a fanatical cyclist) and see enough to avoid the next tree/lamp-post, then I can run. Anything else is icing....
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Cutters, do you have Windows Vista?  If so, you need to uninstall the software on your  PC and then reinstall using the software directly from the Garmin website.

Check out this thread for more details.

• Options
    I think this is a great bit of kit but I've had quite a few problems - the workouts won't work and freeze the srceen each time, despite trying everything Garmin have suggested and I am also having constant trouble with not being able to download from the unit onto my PC.  Am pretty frustrated now and sending it back to try and get a replacement.
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to save activities to the ST logbook?

I appear to have to switch off to get the update message

• Options
    I think if you click on "Logbook" you can save it without exiting.    it opens my Documents folder, and you will then see, i think "OOk's history.logbook" click on that and it saves.
  • Options

Without going back through all the posts can anyone explain how I turn up the alarm volume please? Ran with a group from my club this morning and I could hear everyone elses Garmin except mine!!!!!

• Options
    MandMMandM ✭✭✭
    As far as i know there is not a way to turn up the alarm volume!
  • Options

Beginner to Forerunner 305. Fantastic motivation tool ! Struggling a bit with Garmin Training Center. Have really given up and converted to MotionBased.

How do I update a Course with new time? In search of continous improvement it would be nice to always run a course against "best" time, and not "first" time.

• Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭

Why not save new time with another name/number and bin the previous one?

Or have several times for the same course depending on how far you want to push yourself

• Options
    Thanks OOK! 2 good tips.
  • Options

I thought my 305 had died yesterday: couldn't switch it on and the computer didn't acknowledge it existed. I was going to send it back today, but it started charging when I turned on the computer. So, two questions:

1. Does yesterday's problem suggest it's on the way out anyway?

2. If I do send it back, should I deal direct with Garmin, as some appear to have, or with the dealer that sold it to me? (I've emailed the dealer; waiting for a reply.) 

• Options

Hi,

Sorry can't read all the posts on this thread. Wondered if anyone had had problems with the Garmin 205 counting backwards.   Went out on a 10mile run on saturday and after about 7 miles it started counting backwards.  At this point I was retracing my steps from the start of my run but surely it shouldn't cancel itself out?  Also when I put in onto computer it claims my top speed was 45mph!!!!  I've had it for about 18 months now so probably not under warrantee.

Can anyone help!

• Options

Can you help- can't seem to find the answer to this question- so it must be dead straight forward!!

How do I turn the virtual trainin partner on?  I seem to have switched it on in options but when I'm in quick workouts he/she doesn't appear- they keep standing me up!!

I am gettin quite paranoid is it me doesn't the partner like me, was it something I said or something I am wearing?

Please help

• Options
    JH 1JH 1 ✭✭✭
    I've been having a problem with Garmin Training Centre for the last few weeks when I click it on on computer it looks like it's starting up then just disappears and try again and again but nothing. The last time I had used it was 6-8 weeks previous and no probs then.  I've even tried removing the programme and installing but same thing happens.  Anyone had this or know how to rectify it.
  • Options
    I have had problems with my 305 locating satellites - it became increasingly slow and then on sunday it was going for nearly an hour without getting a lock . Ive only had it a few weeks but a software re install seems to have cured it for the time being. Has anyone else had problems ?
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

BB when you start your timer for the quick workout., use the scroll buttons up and down and you should see the virtual partner after all the usual pace & heart rate windows etc.

Can't help with the other 2 problems I'm afraid.

• Options

Thanks a lot Mr Puffy- found him- brilliant where has he been all my life.

cheers

• Options

CL - the exact same problem has happened to my 305 yesterday!!  I downloaded my run last night and then later i couldn't switch the device on and the computer wouldn't ackowledge it. I brought it into work today to talk to Garmin, plugged it into my work PC for one last check and surprise ... it started charging.

I certainly hope it isn't a sign off it on it's way out, but when i had a problem in the past i dealt direct with Garmin and they were great.

JH1 - I use Training Centre and Sports Track. Training Centre doesnt always seem to recognise the runs and i'm never sure if the devise should be on or off but i usually get it to work. So i cant really ehlp you. However, i only use TC as it starts up automatically. My advice would be to look at Sports Track i think it's far better, and if nothing else is a back up to TC.