Can anyone give advice re Court of Protection?

I've been put in the position of applying for deputyship and a couple of awkward things have arisen that it's difficult to mention on the www.  Does anyone know enough to answer a couple of straight forward questions?

Miserable time. image

Comments

• Minty - mail me through the site and I will do what I can to assist
  • Can't help Minty, but hope Jpenno can

thoughts are with you 

• Thanks JPenno - you have mail.  Actually you have mail x 2 because the silly cat hit the escape key while I was in the middle of the first.  I hope it all makes sense and thanks for offering to help.

Thanks Beebs.  It's my step-mum who is unwell and it all feels so horrible.  It looks as though we are going to have to sell her house to pay for nursing care and I feel so rotten about it because I keep wondering 'what if she gets better and we have to tell her she hasn't got a home to go to any more?'.  Of course that's unlikely but this has all been so sudden, I can't get my head around it.

Off to look at nursing homes tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to.  I don't even know what I'm looking for.  How on earth do you make decisions like that?  I don't even know what to look for in a nursing home.

Hopefully gut instinct will suffice.