Options

Everton 10K

I've entered this race, and have run in it for the last 2 years. Is anyone else running in it?

Comments

• Options
    I've entered.  It will be my first time.  What's it like?  Is it a good course for a pb?
  • Options

It is quite a fast course and therefore a pb is possible. As far as I can remember, the first half is down hill, with the second being uphill. It is run mainly over quiet country roads and is a very friendly race. Many people enter on the day.

There is plenty of parking space on the playing field where the race starts.

• Options
    Thanks Terence.  I'm hoping to finally break the 1 hour mark.  Got close at my last 10K, and training is going much better at the moment.
  • Options
    Good luck with the race Kelly and I hope you meet your target.
  • Options
    Hi, I've entered this race. I'm just hoping I'm not the last to come in haha. Not looking forward to the up hill bits but I'll give it my best.
  • Options

Hi Suzanne, I'm sure you won't come in last. The hills aren't too bad either.

I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forumimage

• Options
    image Thank you, - just found the results page for 2007 and see that some runners are coming in at 1:14, I'm going to try for 1:05/10. I've never done a small race like this before, I'm used to the Race for Life with 7000 people. image
  • Options

Hi Suzanne.  I worried about being last when I entered my first race.  When only a dozen runners turned up I was convinced I would be last, but told myself someone has to be, so why shouldn't it be me!  I just tried to enjoy the event and in the end I wasn't last image

Now I only 'race' against myself.  I know I'll never be first, but I don't care if I'm last as long as I feel that I've run the best I could for the course/conditions.

See you at the start  image

• Options

image Good advice, thanks Kelly.

I just need to start off nice and slow and not try and keep up with everyone and then see if I can pick up the pace later on.

I did my first proper race last night - a 5k, and was so shocked at the beginning at how fast everyone set off. I really killed myself trying to keep up a fast pace which was not a good idea as I found it really hard to finish, managed it in about 28 minutes. But now I know if I'm going to make it 10K I need to slow down and pace myself and try and enjoy it image.

See you there image.

• Options

That was a good time for a 5k Suzanne. You should have no problem in getting under the hour.

The race will start off quickly as it is down hill, so don't get carried away by the early pace. By the way, I am good at giving out advice, but don't always stick to it myself.

• Options
    I can second Terry's final sentence Suzanne!   He's guilty of top quality training for an event but then 'blowing up' on the big day!    Sorry Terry!
  • Options
    Don't believe a word that Tony sais. I have never been known to blow up in a raceimage I just judge pace in some races better than in others.image
  • Options
    Did my last training run this morning.  3.05 miles at 9:40 pace.  If I can do that pace on Sunday I should get my sub hour image
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Any locals want to give a weather report for Sundays race?
  • Options

According to Accuweather it will be mostly cloudy.

• Options
    Well I started too fast - 5:44 for the first km.  Then slowed to just over 6 min/km.  The hills between 7 and 9 km were tough.  Managed a sprint finish though!  Completed in 1:00:34 by my watch - a new PB image
  • Options

Congratulations on your PB Kelly image

I started slow and finished slow and walked quite a few times, I'm just rubbish running in the sun, I couldn't beleive it when I woke up this morning and it was brilliant sunshine. I did it in 1:08:18 which was ok ish for me (I've done better), I wanted to do it in 1:10 or less and not be last which I did so I'm happy.

• Options

Thanks Suzanne, and well done to you for achieving your goals.

I was also surprised by the weather.  I had convinced myself it was going to be a wet race image

• Options

Well done Suzanne and Kelly, and I hope you both enjoyed the race.

I stayed up to watch the women's marathon and unfortunately, through lack of sleep, felt too tired to do the race.