Options

Mynyddislwyn Mile

Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

for me it'd be a 230mile round trip for a 1miler!

sounds an interesting jaunt tho

Comments

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    35 views and 0 actual postings....surely this sint' a foolish idea of a race jaunt!lol
  • Options
    This is a crazy race that I'd love to do-a flat out,uphill mile-probably the most agonising 7,8,9,10 ? minutes any of us will ever experience.
  • Options

you are joking with the 7 minute thing aren't you.....................It took me 16 mins last time I tried it............but if your up for the challenge you have to do it...............and you get a can of lager/cider at the finish line which is also by a pub and had brilliant views over south wales..........................

I'm sure i could do this faster now.................

• Options
    The course record is 7 min 50 secimage
  • Options
    Hmm... looked at this a few times over the last couple of years but haven't had the guts.  Might consider doing it this year instead of my planned easy 5 miler the day after.  At least you've earned the beer at the end image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

i'm up for it...but noone i know locally is...anyone based in the south!Lol

i may just burn there and back on the day...250miles for 1 mile....thata national standard runner did in just under 8mins

so we'd be looking at a min of 12 upwards

• Options
    Clearly I underestimated how hard this is-easy to do if (like me) you've only read about it !
  • Options

i'm doing this along with 10 or so  nutter clubmates from Hermitage Harriers, Leics so we are travelling a long way for 1 mile.

i aim for sub 10minutes and I have run 4:36 mile this year so under no illusion this will hurt

• Options
    This race is solid, I did it 2 years ago and am doing it again tomorrow.....it was the hardest 11 minutes i've ever run.  The worst part is, is that the finish and where everyone parks their cars is at the top of the hill, so you get to scout the hill by walking down it prior to the start which terrifies the living daylights out of you!  My aim as it was 2 years ago is to finish without stopping, though a sub 10 minutes would be nice.  Alltogether though, a brilliant race with a real cameraderie amongst the nutters, i mean runners......so those of you umming and arrring, just do it, you'll be glad you did and it's worth it for the can of cider/beer at the top!
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Interesting little event.  Where does the race start?
  • Options

Congrats to everyone that took part this evening. And well done to the guy with the new course record 7.48. I managed 15.02 and was well and truly knakered at the end. Can't wait for next year.......image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Wow this thread is over 10 years old.

Pleased to say I finally got there in 2017 and 2018.