Shiny new Garmin 205

Wooo hooooooooooo image

Despite still being unable to run (blasted PF image) I am still quite giddy about the new addition to my family today - my very own Garmin 205. I'm going to walk the dog with it until I can actually run lol!

So - anything I need to know? I've got a Mac if it makes any difference - any cute software out there I should know about?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• BB ✭✭✭

woohoo YL hope you had a good day yesterday and that you'll be back up and running soonimage

I havea 305 and must admit I haven't progressed to using many of the functions yet so I hope someone who knows these things come along soon

• Hi

You will love it! I got one a couple of months ago, and have not got my head around too many of the features, but it is a real motivator! Like you, I was so excited at first I wore it when I walked the dog!!

I am not an expert on these things, but the Garmin software is pretty rubbish, someone on here recommended downloading "sportstracks" to my pc, which is ace, and free!

Hope you likeimage

• sheddysheddy ✭✭✭

"I am not an expert on these things, but the Garmin software is pretty rubbish, someone on here recommended downloading "sportstracks" to my pc, which is ace, and free!"

*waves at RP*

Unfortunately though, I'm pretty sure Sportstrack doesn't support Macs, only Windows PCs. There must be other mac users out there though so hopefully someone will recommend an lternative for you as the Garmin Training Center is a bit naff.

But yeah the 205 is excellent and great value for money. Like you YL, I got mine while injured so I haven't really made the most of it yet, I'm itching to get out there and use it properly. 

• Correct,ST is PC only, no MAC support, although I hear "Ascent" does pretty much what ST does.
  • Can't help with the MAC side of things but I've had my 205 for a couple of years now and use it for running and cycling. I also download my routes on to Google Earth whih is great! Have fun with it, I'm sure you will.