I Tunes (Continuous Music)

My OH is bugging me to find out how to burn CDs to I Tunes without getting pauses between tracks. Most CDs have natural pauses and this is fine, but there are some mixes etc that the tracks run continuously one into the other. I've tried searching on the ITunes site but didn't get very far (mainly through lack of effort on my part) and wondered if any of you bright sparks could help me out? Thanks in anticipation. image

Comments

• Select all the tracks on the CD, then hit Ctr+I to get the Info page. Choose Yes in the ‘Gapless album' box, and then import the CD.
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Thanks Inky Fingers. Next problem is, now that I've mastered that, the tracks one of the tracks is playing in the wrong place. Tried it out with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, but it's going from the first track to the last, and playing them the wrong way around, although they are without breaks. image
  • I don’t know why it’s doing that (I’ve only had my iPod a month). Perhaps the order in which you select the tracks makes a difference.

You could join all the tracks together - the option is under ‘Advanced’ on the ‘Import CD’ page.

If you did that, you wouldn’t be able to play the tracks separately. And it might be a good idea to pick ‘Yes’ in the ‘Remember position’ field on the Info page.
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Cheers - sure that'll be useful. Discovered that we had the shuffle button on in the library window so that's what was going wrong. Not very technical here, I'm afraid.