Psi's saturday sesh

What:Recovery run after yesterday's speed work.

When:Early as poss

Why:legs hurt real bad.

Comments

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Suffering from jet lag or can't get to sleep or maybe I can't tell the difference due to too much whisky.

What: 40 minute easy run
    Why: first run for a while
    Last hard day: Wednesday morning
    Last rest day: too many
  • What: Kent League XC this afternoon.
    Why: I love XC, we need the points & I'm team manager.
    Last Rest: Fri
    Last Hard: Tue
  • what : nothing
    why : first rest day since sunday and race tomorrow.
    last hard day : thursday
    last rest : sunday

tomorrows 10 miler (Guy Fawkes 10)will see the end of week 1 of 24 of marathon training. Distance so far not exceeded 4.5 miles but i feel ok and already noticing distance. Tommorrow's step up in distance will be taken nice and slow @ 9min / miles just to get the milage. If i feel ok i may up it in the last 3 or 4 miles.

Good luck all you lot racing over the w/e. And happy training to those who arn't.
  • What: hour & a half of road/trail with hills
    Why: long run today
    Last hard day: last Saturday
    Last rest: Friday
  • long run if it stops raining and my head stops hurting
  • Drew,
    welcome back!

What: Going down the gym to have a look and figure out what I'm going to replace my bike sessions with over the winter.
    Why: Because I hate cycling in the rain/snow/sleet (delete as applicable) and if I run too much my legs start to go south!
    Last hard run: Thursday.
    Last rest day: yesterday
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hope you had a good holiday Drew!

What: another rest day
    Why: i've been working hard lately so now easing back to do a hilly 10k tomorrow and try for a pb at Cheddar 1/2 next week.
    Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: yesterday.
  • Nice to see everyone back in English today (too many memories of my old French and German teachers yesterday - merde!)

What:- Rest day
    Why:- 10k hard yesterday, 7 mile race tommorrow.
  • What: 32 mile bike
    Why: Decided to get the bike out again after a much needed break
    Last hard run: A long time ago
    Last rest: Last Sat

MM, why not do your bike sessions on the turbo. I used to do 2-3hr rides on mine. I have just upgraded mine to the IMagic version that allows you to ride whilst watching yourself on the computer screen and looking at the lovely (simulated) scenery!

Good luck to everyone racing

Gareth
  • Welcome back Drew

What: 40 minutes easy off road
    Why: Legs still feeling very tired
    Last hard day: Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • What: min speed intervals round local park
    Why: schedule says so

Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest:thursday

managed to run in gap in rain.
    No long run tomorrow as I have an appointment with the eye people.
  • XC went well this afternoon in wet, muddy & hilly conditions. I inproved my position from 46th two weeks ago to 38th today so all is going in the right direction.
    I feel quite good as well.
    Deal 5M tomorrow & looking for a good position.
    I'm refueling & carbo loading at the momment YUM YUM!
    Martin H take it easy & all will come back soon.
  • hi, what a miserable day in herts...

managed to do 20 mins tempo run at the gym followed by a sauna and steam,

I just cant seem to get my self in gear to do any long runs. I cant bear to run in the rain just yet... Will try and do an hour tommorrow if the weather isnt too bad. Im also a bit wary of going out at night due to our proximity to Stevenage.

how does everyone motivate themselves on these horrible days.

good luck to everyone racing tommorrow, I think youd be better in your wellies..

• went to gym too
    What a wuss
  • Belated welcome back to Drew

What: intended 4.1 mile @tempo pace - wimped out & did 4.3K acceleration run; not too hard - started at 6:40 pace (1st mile) & finished at 6:05 pace (last mile)

Why: Had been a busy day - son's school X-C debut in Wavertree (Liverpool) a.m.; Mrs S decided to seek out some of her ancestors' former homes in Sefton Park on the way home; shopping in the p*ssing rain p.m., firework display early evening, so started late.
    Also domestic issues dictate that I now need to shift Sunday's long (well, ish - but lengthening) run to a.m. when the rest of the family is at church - so didn't want to take too much out of myself.

Last hard day: Tue
    Last rest day: previous Sat
  • A little late.........

What : 10k off road in swamp city
    Why : First run in 2 weeks due to flu, wanted to do something fun.

Last Hard day : 20/10 10k run
    Last Rest day : tuesday as been doing spinning rest of the week.