Miscellaneous TRI Race Reports

Teesdale Triathlon

It was a chilly 7degrees when I signed on this morning at 8AM still not sure if I was going to take part it the race or not – my ham string problem was still niggling and my cold still had not fully cleared up, but I had plenty of time to decide as I was No 101 therefore the 101st to start.

I watched the race start at 9:01AM with a college I had been coaching towards the first TRI entering the pool at 9:21, I watched his swim and cheered him through transition, by now I was caught up in the atmosphere and had decided to go for it.

I entered the pool for the 500m swim at 10:41 and decided to take it steady as not to aggravate my hamstring; it felt like I had just entered the pool when my 20 lengths were over in 9:25 (a time I was very pleased at, as I’d thought I was going much slower)

Out of the pool and into T1 transition – on with my running vest socks cycling shoes, helmet and sunglasses, along with a pair of cycling sleeves as it was still a bit chilly. I made my way easily through transition before carefully mounting my bike (I’d seen 5 people fall off when trying to get underway earlier when I was watching) and I was out of T1 in a slow 2:23

Comments