FLM 2009 are you in?

Comments

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    hope u njoy the L'pool event - Sefton Park is quite beautiful in autumn, Sarah. try to get to see the Palm House - simply magnificent.
  • Thanks Swittle, will tell my folks to go have a look around while Im running then go have look afterwards image
  • i have received my acceptance mag, but im not sure whether to be happy or offended.  The FLM seems to have decided that i'm a female!! 

They have clearly seen the pics of my pained expression around 22miles in my previous outing!

• Don't expect to find out till monday or tuesday as I'm in Ireland. I'm getting nervous now that you lot have found out.
  • Im in yes got my mag Friday , brilliant , yes!!!!!image Nice one to everyone who got in ,sorry for those who didntimage , theres always next year!!image
  • Anyone in the overseas ballot heard yet? I'm in Canada so not sure I'll have to waitimage
  • I am still waiting in Kefalonia and if the Greek postal system is anything to go by I will be lucky to hear by Christmas!!
  • David Birrell http://www.justgiving.com/davebirrell wrote (see)
    Anyone know what happens to the deferred places?

I have a deferred place and the "Congratulations" mag arrived on Friday, same as the people who won a place in the ballot.

Only worrying thing was the Acceptance Form, which has on it  "SEX :  U".  What does that mean?  Undecided?  Last time I looked I was a Male!  Definitely marked the right box on the form.

• I'm in image No. 12,509

4th time lucky.

HHH

• I've been rejected again this year, that makes it 9 rejections out of 9 ballot applications. 

Anyone else been this unlucky???

I ran it in 2005 after the five rejections in a row.  Now look forward to a guaranteed place in 2011 (provided I get my ballot application in on time for 2010 - nearly missed it this year as was in hospital after having a baby!  I was a bit out of the loop and didn't realise you had to do it online - thought I had til August to get the paper entry in). 

I think Begsie has a point about bequeathing and it's perhaps horrid to say but I'm not going to bother next year.  I've bequeathed every year so the cynic in me says I'm worth more to them being constantly rejected than being accepted.   The amount I've paid in rejected fees over 9 years I could have almost bought myself a bonded place!!

Good luck to all you who have got a place and commiserations to those of you in my position.

• IM in hahahahahahahahah image

been tryin for years on and off

FINALY IM IN     image

• Swittle did the liverpool 10k today (5/10/08) was a good run found it hard for the first 2 miles, then settled down.  Was happy with 1 hour 5 mins as not done much training due a cold.  Was nice day sun came out was nice in the park. 

Rachael stupid question from me I guess you mean Wednesday 8th?

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    That's a very impressive time, Sarah and I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Bet you'll break the hour soon image

The sunshine you had certainly cheered up runners in the two Sandstone Trail races in Cheshire today. I went for the shorter, 10-mile version but the rain over the past week had done its worst and the 5 ploughed fields, 1 after another, did for my legs image
  • Wow im in and will be running FLM 2009 the delightful news arrived Sat morning
  • *fingers crossed postman delivers me some good news tomorrow*
  • I bequeathed and the post has arrived today (Monday) and still no news. Is anyone else in the same boat ?

Is the accepted post sent out alphabetically ?
  • 5th rejection for me. So 2010 it is then, even have a GFA as backup now - no way they'll be able to keep me out next time!!
  • I'm in too! For all those doubting bequeathing (which included me), my acceptance form said I was rejected in the main ballot but had been one of the 1000 drawn from the bequestors list. This was my third year of trying, I had bequeathed every year and was not planning to do so next year if rejected again. However I will now carry on bequeathing in future for this extra chance!

Happy training everyone......

• I'm still waiting and I bequeathed.....image
  • Still no magazine today...I didn't bequeath but hoping to get in on the ballot at the fourth attempt. So frustratated at the wait, and called the FLM number on their website. They think that everybody should receive acceptance/rejection magazines by Wednesday at the latest. They will will then have a database available to call and check with them if still any issues. Also tried calling my bank to see if any payment due out tomorrow on the credit card, but they can't tell me!!! aaaargghhhh the waiting is tortureimage
  • Kevin I have done the same with my bank for passed week, but they been just the same as yours.  Rang the FLM office this afternoon and got told I should have the mag by Wendesday.  It is complete torture, fingers crossed we hear tomorrow.
  • Just quick question for those lucky enough to have got in FLM 09.  Has your money been taken out of your accounts yet?  Just wondering with it being the 7th tomorrow, which is the end of the agreement on Wordpay.  Also those who aren't in does your agreement still say operational??  Thanks for any help.image
  • im in and im well pleased this will be my 4th flm bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm in 2nd year through the ballot and i have never bequethed as always ran for a charity. Good luck to you all.
  • Still bleedin' waiting here too image.

Stephen R wrote (see)

David Birrell http://www.justgiving.com/davebirrell wrote (see)
    Anyone know what happens to the deferred places?

I have a deferred place and the "Congratulations" mag arrived on Friday, same as the people who won a place in the ballot.

Only worrying thing was the Acceptance Form, which has on it  "SEX :  U".  What does that mean?  Undecided?  Last time I looked I was a Male!  Definitely marked the right box on the form.

Thanks Stephen, I was thinking of the places that become available in the current race when someone defers?
    Searso wrote (see)

i have received my acceptance mag, but im not sure whether to be happy or offended.  The FLM seems to have decided that i'm a female!! 

They have clearly seen the pics of my pained expression around 22miles in my previous outing!

Just a suggestion guys but - get your hair cut?imageimage
  • Well rang up today again as still no mag, spoke with a lady on Tuesday and she reassured me that my address was correct and would be sent up north to me.  Well spoke with the a guy today who said it had gone to my old address down south (the lady lied ) The address had been changed with them 2 weeks after applying this year as got made redundant so moved back home.Anyway I am not in this year, the guy said they'd send me the mag out but already looked at my dad's so no need for it.  Onwards and upwards to Edinburg instead and will try again for London next year, when the Richard chap has got his mucky hands on it all.2007 - not in2008 - in2009 - not in

Well done on those who got through and big sorry and maybe next year to those who didn't.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

David,

Places do not 'come available' when someone defers.  FLM, like most race organisers, assume that a certain percentage of people will not run each year through illness/injury and so accept more people than the course can actually cope with.  And it has to be remembered that each year, there are probably about the same number of people on guaranteed (deferred) places as there are people dropping out. 

If you have not got in now through the ballot and you don't go down the Golden Bond route, unless you run a sub 2.45 marathon or sub 75 minute half marathon between now and January 2009, you aren't doing FLM.