Music whilst running

Does anyone have any advice they could share with me with regard to a decent CD Walkman to use whilst out running?
Thanks
Nick Arthur

Comments

• Hello Nick,

I think you'd find an MP3 player much better than a CD player. It'll be smaller and lighter, and (perhaps most importantly) it won't jump. See here for a current thread on MP3 players.

Good luck :)
  • Hi Wee Piglet,
    Thanks very much for the advice. I have read through the postings with great interest. The MP3 players seem to be a much better option.

Thanks a lot
    Nick
  • You're v. welcome :) I hope you find a good one: I have a Diamond Rio 500 myself, but I'm on the look out for a new one.

Incidentally, you may find Mp3 players hard to track down in the shops, as they don't really seem to have taken off here. Beware of shops that will show you what is actually a combined MP3 player and minidisk player. I'm sure they're great, but they're not the ultra light/no moving parts gadgets ideal for running.

Anyway, best of luck :)
  • Hi Wee Piglet,
    Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. One or two of the threads mentioned looking on the internet at the ebay and amazon sites. I'll have a look there.
    Thanks again, you have been very helpful
    Cheers and happy running
    Nick