Garmin schedules - help!!

I've just purchased a Garmin 305 to help with my training for the FLM 2009 (my first ever marathon).  I downloaded the RW sub 5 hour schedule and it was nothing like the one described on the website.  The total mileage for this week (week 1) was over 20 compared to the 13 described.  What am I doing wrong?  I emailed the Garmin help address given on the RW website but got a message saying it no longer existed and I should just consult the help pages.  Any advice gratefully received!  Thank you image

Comments

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭

not sure if this helps but when  I downloaded mine it was a month out. therefore I had to re download it but put in my marathon date as 26/5/09 instead of 26/4/09

Do you have training dates in december? i which case the Garmin thinks you are on week 4 / 5 which is why the mileage is higher than expected.

hope this helps

• Yes I do  have training dates in December which I thought was a bit bizarre.  How do I change the marathon date?  I'm still getting to grips with the basics (sorry to be a pain).  Thanks very much - extremely helpful!  Really appreciate it image

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭

when you downloaded it from the rw site it asked for the marathon date.

put in 26/5/09 and download it again.if you are using the training centre software you may need to delete all the entries in your workouts calendar before you import the new schedule. sorry I can't remember that bit.

hope that helps

• Download the flm garmin schedules and that should have you doing the Marathon on the 26th April! I was the same first time i downloaded it as it had me running at the start of December when i was injured..
  • HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    I disagree lalsger. when I downloaded it with a date of 26th april it showed in the training centre as race date 26th march.
  • choose flm garmin ready schedules, 5 hours, save it on your computer.Then import workouts on your Garmin (saved 5 hour flm schedule) and it will import with you running the marathon on the 26th April.If you have probs maybe try downloading software from the Garmin website then try again?? I've downloaded it for 2 different speeds and it works for me??
  • MM ✭✭✭
    I've just had exactly the same problem but putting in 26/05/2009 as race date instead of 26/04/2009 has solved it. Annoying but at least it's in there now. Good luck with the training everyone!
  • I downloaded the FLM Garmin Ready Schedule which is the one that gives December dates and I'm having the problems with so maybe as you say Lalsger I need to download the software from the Garmin website again. I'm going to sit down and sort it out tomorrow and will report back! Thanks for all your help. Have you been out today? I had ice in my water bottle! Brrrrr. Have a good weekend.
  • Did 7 miles yesterday morning, windy as anything and very tiring!
  • Hello....just wanted to say I've finally had success and after re-installing Garmin Training Centre and changing the date of the marathon to 26/05/2009 it worked so thank you sooo much.  I feel really excited now as imported my workouts from last week and am just amazed by the information it gives so am really glad I invested in this gadget!  Good luck with your training and thanks again, much appreciated.  Happy Pixie! image