Great Manchester Run 2009

Can't find a thread already open on this one, but apologies if there is one...

Entries for this have now opened. The 2007 event was my first run, so I'm now using it as a bit of a measuring stick for my progress. Did 62 odd minutes for that one, hoping for 40-45 this time.

Hope the weather is as nice this year as well...

Comments

• Hi Paul,

Can't find any other thread relating to this one either but have entered as it appealed to me (with being local) and because I have not ran it before.  I am hoping for completing in an hour.  I am also new to running one of the 'Bupa Great . . . Run' so hope to have an enjoyable day out as I know they are reknowned for being extremely popular events bringing in the crowds for support, which I feel is a welcome bonus.

As for the weather, fingers crossed . . . but at least can rest assured it will be an improvement on the current conditions !! image

Anyone else doing this one . . . ?

Nick

• Have just entered this tonight and booked the hotel.  I have booked Travel Inn on the start line for 2 nights.

Did this last year and I took 1hr 28 mins so I am aiming for a big improvement this year.

Weather was great last year,  Really enjoyed it.

I am from Scotland but hubby originates from Manchester (Salford) so its great to come down to do this.