Options

Does anyone know Dublin?

I will be going to Dublin later this month for a 4 day work conference thing, based at the Clontarf Castle Hotel, and wondered what the area is like for a plod? I don't go very far - 5km at the most!

The Clontarf Road looks on a map to be quite scenic, along the water, and St Anne's park is nearby, and there's Bull Island, i think? Can anyone tell me what it's like (is it flat?!), if there are any areas I should avoid, or anything else I need to know please?

x

Comments

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

From memory the coast road is very flat (but I have only ever been up and down it in a car). Bull Island is nice ... via the causeway it's dunes first and a nice beach to run down. Can't go wrong with a route taking in the park and/or Bull island.

Howth is lovely ... much hillier ... but may be a bit far away if you're only doing 5K. Worth a trip out there even if not for a run.

• Options

Thanks Dr Dan! I'm looking forward to the change of scenery - and something flat for nice change lol! I take it the area is as safe as anywhere else for a lone female? Is it busyish?

x

• Options
    I stay in Clontarf with my wife's family. Always run along the coast path and do the 'out and back' thing. See plenty of other runners there so I've just guessed that i'm in the right place for a run. Always windy though.
  • Options
    Oooh brilliant, thank you! I have just noticed that the hotel I'm staying at gives out running routes at the reception - so it must be normal in the area, and I won't look an idiot for asking! Hooray! Thanks all x
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Running routes ... now that's service for you!image

• Options

I know! Although the hotel do call it jogging......but that's a whole other forum "discussion" lol!

Oooh I'm really looking forward to my stay in Dublin now image