Lliswerry 8

Just been to Lliswerry for first time for a number of years. Top run, flat course, excellent and supportive marshals. Recommend anyone in reasonable distance of South Wales does it next year.

Plus point I beat my target time by 4 minutes (bt not saying what my target time was).

Well done to all who organised and participated.

Comments

• Agree, it was good, very well organised.  I'm not used to flat runs, it seemed to go on a bit!

• Did the Lliswerry 8 mile yesterday 25th January 2009 and would just like to say how impressed I was with the whole experience.I am a member of the Brackla Harriers running club and so attend a lot of club races.The lliswerry has a great course mostly country roads and plenty of helpful marshalls.The T shirt at the end is a long sleave jobbie if you choose ,which is a nice change for this time of year, but most of all this year I was impressed with the prompt publishing of the times on the internet and a fantastic photograph programme coupled to the event allowed you to download high quality images for free!!all published to the web on the same Sunday afternoon as the event.My wife also ran the event and being new to running was one of the last runners to finish the event.There was great support for her and the remaining runners which considering this is a mostly club runners event would recommend it to any runner fancying a Sunday morning challenge.Well done to the Lliswery Runners.

• I did this race last year and was so impressed by the helpful and encouraging marshalls that I joined the club!