Andy Murray

usual hype when we get a decent British tennis player?

lost today to a guy he should be hammering by now.What were they thinking by seeding him 1? The other players have been completely vindicated in saying that he shouldn't have been seeded that high

Comments

• he wasn't seeded 1, he was seeded 4.
  • Anyone who follows tennis will know he is the real deal. Bad result today though.
  • he was back to his old ways with the swearing and getting irritated by everything but apparently he has flu.  Verdasco is a great player and helped win Davis cup for Spain so has a lot of confidence at the moment.  There are some good matches to look forward to.
  • Think he is the real deal after all he has beaten Federer more times than he has lost and he is one of the greatest ever.But he has to win a gran slam event or he will be the Monty or the Jimmy white of the tennis world.
  • I thought he was Scottish not British?

• Scottish is British.

Been watching Murray for quite a few years now, and it's always been clear that he's a class apart from 'Tiger Tim' et. al.  The only thing he's there for is winning.  Coming second means nothing, and that's the difference.

• I think he is the real deal. He looks at home playing big players in big matches.

Yes, he lost today but that's tennis - lose to a guy one week, play the same guy next week and the result can be reversed - it's the consistency over the year that counts for rankings more than one-off results.

Verdasco was seeded 15th and, as said above, must be riding high on his Davis Cup win, so he's not a "nobody" in tennis terms.
  • scotland is a nation located on the btitish isles and is a member nation of the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland, as are wales, england and northern ireland. you can be english/ british or welsh/ british etc. although it will be going to a vote soon to see if scotland wants to remain part of the union.
  • Chocolate Moose wrote (see)

Scottish is British.

Been watching Murray for quite a few years now, and it's always been clear that he's a class apart from 'Tiger Tim' et. al.  The only thing he's there for is winning.  Coming second means nothing, and that's the difference.

Not when he loses it ain't image
  • He wasn't seeded 1, he was the bookies favourite.

I like the fact he's an exciting player but don't like the fact he, like a lot of the Scots i work with, seem to have an unhealthy aversion to England and all things English.
    I was in Scotland when England won the Rugby world cup, bloody hell, i've never seen bitterness like it. Seriously.

In saying that, he's a billion times more exciting than that dullard Tim Henman and i really hope he fulfills his undoubted potential