Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Where is Delia? I am sitting here like mother hen waiting for her results and race report.
  • Sorry for the delay - been a busy old day and this is the first chance I've had to sit down!

So, the official time from the race organisers was 37.52 (SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW). I didn't take my garmin with me so I'm not going to question it. Anyway, it was a very nice race despite its being two laps and the fast runners lapping me before the halfway point!! It felt good to be out there doing it too so now all I have to concentrate on is getting faster.

Sorry it's not a more exciting race report but, being so close to running a PW for the distance, I don't think there's much more to say!

• Delia

You did so good, 8 weeks from having a babby?!!!  So proud of you.  Well done lady.

I had a good time last night, was fab to see Roobarb.  Really feeling the difference now with Bert.  Tiring so much more now and I think I had Braxton Hicks.  Anyhoo, no real news here.  Scan was fine.

• Well done Delia, very good running so soon after baby image

Glad scan was fine too KP

• Delia - Well done girl. We are all so proud of you. How many ladies out there would go and run a 5k 8 weeks after having a baby.
  • Good news on your scan. Not too long now.
  • Evening all!

Have read back over the last couple of days. Some good running image Welcome Flumptious!

Katypie looked really well and happy last night I am happy to report! Dressed as a flapper she was lol And Debstir has taken a photo of 'Bert before he/she was born' (ie a picture of KP's belly! image

One of the Fetch girls, Tigger, was taking photos and said to KP and her friend 'let me take a picture of you two slappers' lololol

Was a good party image

• Morning all,

Glad to hear that it was a good party, Roobs.

Great going, Delia - this is just the beginning of your comeback!!

Good running going on generally at the moment, well done everyone image

Loooong day at w*rk for me today as I'm w*rking from 8am til 8.30pm. Deep joy image

Have a good one.

• Morning all.

Roobs - so glad that your cold is getting better.

Lyndy - I bet you don't fancy running today.

• I rang the Royal Mail and all they will do it the same that I did ring the estate agent.

• morning all! survived the drive down and back to bath!! it was actually fine all the way until we got to the road where we were staying.. ended up stuck on black ice but managed to roll backwards and come at it from another way eventually.. Had a brilliant weekend but going out in strappy shoes wasn't a good idea.. working form home today cause i can't really walk.. have damaged my toes from exposure to snow so just trying really hard to warm them gently.  Been on to NHS direct and they were lovely and helpful about it so just have nice warm socks on and a blanket wrapped around them.  Fingers crossed i'll be up and running by tonight or tomorrow!

Managed to get a 6 mile run in on the treadmill in the spa.  The girls all thought i was mad but it made me so relaxed and then had a ball in all the treatment rooms and pools.. great weekend all around.  Just what i needed

Tracey, sorry i didn't see your email until this morning.

• Well done on getting to Bath bootsie, photos on Fbook look good image  Hope your toes feel nice and warm again soon.`
  • haha! how hot are those men!!! Really glad i got my run in while i was down there.. girls were all heading off for thei facials and massages and i was in the gym!!! they think i'm nuts!
  • Thanks everyone. (Dumpling was 9 weeks on Sat though so I'm not quite so good!! image) Hehe! Think I was just a bit tired last night when I posted so, on reading back, that's probably why it sounded a bit of a flat post. I wasn't quite last - there were 4 people behind me! image

Mr D's gone to work with my keys in his pocket by mistake this morning so poor little Dumpling and I are stuck in the house!!!! (At least it's raining!)

Not a lot to report - 5 nights in a row with the little man sleeping through the night but that's about it! I've not had this much sleep in months!

KP, glad the scan was all good. How are you feeling this morning?

There's a rather scary programme on C4 at the moment about anger in teens...

• Eeek, think we've got a way before the teens eh Delia image  Make most of any sleep you can get, little man woke for milk at 4.30 this morning so bit pooped, sometimes he goes through, sometimes he doesn't!  Yawwwn.

Bet those chaps were a bit chily in the snow Bootsie!!!! 

• I watching families live a 1960 holiday camp.

• hahaha cinders they were!! but it was their idea!!!!! madness.. they were such good sports.. i did feel very naughty i must admit! was good fun just to be with a great bunch of girls and have such a giggle with no men about.. must say though i missed my OH in a nice way.. it was just lovely coming home for a cuddle last night.. They had a ball on the stag do too so we were both in fantastic form!

Delia I am postively stunned its been two months already! It feels like about 2 weeks ago this all happened! What's even worse is i remember my OH talking to me about buttons being born before he was and that can't possibly have been over a year ago! 

• Off out in a minute Tracey image Have geared myself up that I have to do it, so don't care what the weather is.  Just hope it's not too windy in the rain as I then get really cold image
  • good luck lyndy.. hope its a nice run..

i'll be thinking of you from under my blanket!! think my toes are finally warming up yay! might be back to normal by tonight! 

• Lyndy - good luck. Go Lyndy.
  • Morning

Good luck Lyndy!

Tracey - hope the post thing gets sorted image

Am laid up today at home with a stomach upset image Woke me up around 2 this morning image Although the cold is a lot better image

• ((((Roobarb))) sorry to hear you are poorly.

I spoke to todays postman and the Saturday postman cocked up his whole round big time. He put people post in wrong houses and there is a big back log of our round still in the sorting office. The Royal Mail don't give a sh!t. All they can do is ring the estate agent and ask them to ring the landlord just like I have. I other words if they put your mail in the wrong house you are stuffed, especially if the house is empty.

• grrr Tracey! that is really annoying

Roobs take it very easy! you poor thing! 

• Tracey - that is so annoying. I haven't got my Sussex Beacon number yet either so they are probably still on the way.

I did get my number for my 10k this saturday though. Feck knows how I'll get on. I haven't run since last Saturday due to the snow and my cold and now I can't run today because of this bloody stomach thing image

• Tracey - that is terrible.  How do you get away with sh*e service like that?
  • i havne't gotten my sussex beacon pack yet either so i wouldn't worry about that anyway... i still ahven't got my welcoem back from the moonwalk! dying to see that cause there is supposed to be a training plan in it
  • Glad that the hen and party week-ends went so well. Oh vanity, vanity, Bootsie - strappy sandals in the snow!!!

Well done on your comeback race, Delia - pretty impressive for a new mum.

Hope Lyndy doesn't get too cold - weather is miserable here, and I'm not looking forward to running this evening - maybe it will ease off by then??

Get well soon , Roobs. The rest may have done you good, and you'll fly around!

• It's the first time I've ever DNF'd.  I have never set out to do a run before and not finished it, but it was so cold and wet out there on the way back that I ended up flagging down a taxi.  I did do 7 miles though, but had intended to do 10.  I suppose I was being a bit ambtious as I had only had one short run last week and nothing the week before, but really did want to get to 10 miles as a psychological boost for Brighton in a couple of weeks (haven't got my number either folks).

I ran out towards Hove Lagoon, which is the turnaround point in the Brighton half and 5 miles for me today, and was okay up to that point as the wind was behind me.  When I turned round to come back I realised just how cold it was and the rain had turned to hail at times.  I struggled on to 7 miles and then thought this is bliddy ridiculous.  There was no one else out running, which says something, as there are always loads of people out on Brighton and Hove seafront.

Luckily I had £10 in my pocket as I was going to pay the newspaper bill on the way back.  It went on the taxi fare instead.  I've never been so pleased to see a cab in my life.  Luckily it was a London type cab and I could sit on the floor.  Don't think the driver would have appreciated me soaking his seats.

Anyway, 7 miles done at 12:22 min/mil so was a bit faster than my previous LSRs and as I haven't done an LSR for 3 weeks I suppose it wasn't bad going.

Off for a soak in the bath now with a mug of hot chocolate.

Hmph - not happy with a DNF, but it was just soooooo cold and the rain felt like needles in my faceimage

• Get well soon, Roobs. Sorry to hear about your poorly tummy.

Hope Lyndy hasn't been blown into the sea - it's blowing a hoolie here!

Is the Sussex Beacon on the 22nd?