# his momma wouldn't buy him that new red harmony

TT - your call. Hope you get a few good weeks of work in for Edinburgh

What: 10 miles easy
Why: just some volume this week
Last hard: sunday
Last rest: thursday

Comments

• you type quicker than me imski !
  • but i can copy and paste quite quickly ...

and wind up in our favourite coats
    just miles away

morning

not the beautiful sunshine we had yesterday but calm and still decent running weather for racing - will be lookingout for the intercounties later, good luck all

oh TT - your dedication keeps getting thwarted but .. just maybe the relief of deciding london isn't on this year and moving your schedule ahead to edinburgh will give your body time to properly overcome all the issues without feeling you're forever on 'catching up syndrome' . there's another race but not another body etc. best wishes

40 mins - don't forget your foghorn and bass drum on that minibus but make sure the trainers are packed too !

scobos - just a light breeze tomorrow would be perfect for the end to end but if it's gusting let's hope it's behind you. relax well today and sleep tight tonight

stickless - on the mend but sounded a humdinger you got. yes it was a lovely sunny day to be out in yesterday

scoff - sounding strong and positive, your confidence must be growing nicely with those stats

TR - if 2.50 is a side effect of the tri training it's a very pleasing one. from how you describe it i somehow feel that the focus on just running would not produce  - for you - a sufficiently greater marathon time than the disruption to your swimming and biking would justify. even though i'd love to see what would happen if you did! so i totally understand where you're coming from. i hate swimming though image

RFJ - all the best for the double billing this weekend

good call on the shorter run yesterday blisters ! what target for the 20 ?

my 3 mile recovery turned into 5 yesterday, just couldn't resist carrying on in the gorgeous sunshine but kept HR well down below 130

one breakfast has settled i'm off to try out my first double figure run since the catalogue of mishaps with the foot and ankle. done plenty of 8's and a few 9's so it shouldn't be that different but will be a nice phsychological hurdle to get out of the way

have a great weekend

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Good morning

TT: I think you are making the right call too!

Clink: good to hear progress is being made. How many breakfasts are you going to have?

Good luck to all racers this weekend.

What: around 30 mins steady
    Why: after a poor few days trying to get over the psychological barrier of running for 30 mis!
    Last hard: last Saturday
    Last rest: Dec 24

Lyrics: nope

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

No time to read back but assume TT's test run did not go as well as hoped.

Arrived in Devon to find snow on the moors, argh!! Now after a night of over indulgence on beer becuase I ran into some guys I went to school with and hadn't seen for 30 years plus a huge fired breakfast I feel suitably non athletic.

What: Nowt
    Why: Duchy Marathon tomorrow.
    Last Hard: Raising head off pillow this morning
    Last Rest: allegedly yesterday if a 8 hour flight and 4 hour car drive followed by a drinking session can be called rest.

Lyrics: Yes

Enjoy

• Morning all,

Saturday run out of the way, went out at 8 this morning, few tough hills, mud trails, scenery second to none, weather was superb, clear blue skies, wanted to stay out there but legs didn't. All in all, quite happy, total time on my feet 1 hour 19 minutes, I would estimate between 7 and 8 miles.

Off shopping now!!!!   image

Have a good un 

SS

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Morning folks.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the supportive comments. Much appreciated.

clink - good luck with the double image

DD - no, it didn't. I've taken the rest of the week off and will try another test run Monday or Tuesday, depending on how it feels. It's not a major problem, but it has essentially cost me another week, so I have decided to skip London and do Edinburgh 5 weeks later instead. Too much missed quality at this stage to make London viable. Good luck for tomorrow. On the bright side, better a hangover this morning than tomorrow morning!

SS - well done on getting out there!

Have a good day all.

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

clink - hope the double  figures run went well

DD - never had a fired breakfast before image

What: 1.7 miles @ (woohoo!) 9.50 pace
    Why: just to get  out there

Weird run that - I had an occular migraine for the whole run. I don't get painful migraines just visual disturbances.   Unsure of the effects - good or bad - of running with a migraine but I seem to have survivied.  It's now worn off enough that I can look at a computer screen. 

Have a good day people.

• I;ve fired my breakfast plenty of times... generally when I forget the toast is under the grill or leave the bacon in too long...

TT - I think when you list out all the "bad luck" you've had like that, you've probably made the right call.

What: 1 m w/u. 15mins tempo, 2mins jog, 10mins tempo, 1 min jog,  5 mins tempo. 1 mile w/d
    Why: Jack D special
    Last Hard: Today
    Last Rest: Thurs

Lyrics: Think so.

Even managed to do my drills today.

Laters!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

1st part of the double bill done....

NHTT 18:50 and 5th, not great, legs still deadish and unresponsive...

1.25m warm and 1.25m warm down

Take care

• ShivaShiva ✭✭✭

Easy run for me today, didn't want to do too much, toes playing up.  Need new trainers I think.

What: 8 miles @ MP

Why: Cut back week

Lyrics: No idea

I will have to read back to see what else has been happening tis week

• LOL at RFJ calling 18:50 "not great" - maybe you should read back to March 7th this time last year?

TT - sounds like you've made a good decision.

I'm too scared to read what TR is up to! Not doubt storming along (I hope to come and watch the Ballbuster - might see you there?)

What: 80 miles cycled - pretty hilly (http://www.runsaturday.com/Height/tabId/64/activityId/41191/subView/Height/Default.aspx)

Why: Dunno

Have good day all!

• Evening all,

I remember when that was a saturday night stalwart... 

TT/40:  You've set me thinking about deferring FLM.  I usually don't bother as I've got the qualifying time, but as it's now past its sel buy date, do youi know if you can defer a champ start?  It'd save me the worry of having to run the time somewhere this year.

TT:  Reading through yout litany of ailments, another interpretation could be overtraining?  Maybe you need to give yourself more time to reach your goals? (bit rich coming from the arch over-trainer)

DD:  Best of luck at the Duchy.  If you see a cocky looking young marshal at the 18m point; give him a clip round the ear and say, "That's from the bloke you cost 3rd place last year"  image

• What:  7m
    • Why:  The treadmill looked lonely
    • Last Hard:  Having to admin Dwain Chambers ran superbly
    • Last Rest:  Last Last Saturday

Have a good one.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

RFJ - For a not great run i think its fab *dreams* Seriously hope the 2nd half of double goes well

mava - good run, you beat me on pace and distance image

What: 1.66 miles (10:04 pace) and 61% whr *punches air*
    Why: getting out there
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Feb 28

Off to work tonight so race well tomorrow those who are
  • lol alehouse about the breakfast ! not often you get a typo that could actually make sense image did you get over the hurdle ok today ?

10 miles nice and steady with no hiccups (must have been the one breakfast) in quite a stiff wind so a nice bit of confidence. went by HR so felt comfortable but speed is still about 50 secs down on pre injury. 4 weeks on and the ankle is about 97% mended so hopeful of a harder test before long.

DD - nice night out, good job it was friday and not saturday. all the best for tomorrow

nice one SS - enjoy the shopping, some good bargains to be had at the moment.

you're having a few things to contend with mava. have you caught up on the sleep a bit ?

decent session again FIN

RFJ - coming so soon after that 12 mile wind up run i'm not surprised your legs were tired so that'll be a good hard session today

not sure the pic came through very well on my screen holly - unless you cycled round the moon

AF - i preferred watching andy norman to dwain chambers. lasted longer too !

pammie - is the calf pretty much mended now?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    clink - pretty much i think once i do the stretches and that and wear the right shoes i have switched to shoes with a bit more support as well.

I have found my calf tends to be a bit more niggly if i've done a night shift (on feet all night) so hoping to get some new shoes but they have to be comfortable and black.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LOL Hollywood, and you are very right, also poor use of words on my behalf.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening all

Like AF I remember that Saturday night stalwart too!

Glad it went well Clink...my 33 mins was a struggle, not least because it was one of those days when the wind was against all the way round. Shins a little tender, so time to book in for a sports massage, methinks. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭

Holly - no spring ballbuster. I'm saving my legs for FLM and spent the entry fee on the New Forest 1/2 IM (plus some). Nice bike miles at your end. When I can swim like you then I'll be getting somewhere.

clink - I agree. I'd rather improve my novice biking and nervous swimming than chase another few minutes off my marathon time - i like teh idea of improving my weaknesses. Running twice a day, day after day isnt for me. But, I reckon I will focus a bit more on marathons one day, I should be able to post a deceny time when I'm an M45 in 3 years.

well done to the racers and trainers

I carded a rare zero today, I've only had  4 or 5 since the summer. but I'm still a bit lurgififed, and tired too from chasing CRAB for 20M round Dorset last Sunday. I listened to my body and it told me its tired, so no LSR this weekend, I will bag a couple of hours cycling early tomorrow cos its U12s footie at 9:30.

I've bagged 2x 18s and 7x 20s since Christmas and I need to recover from last weeks 20/the lurgy  more than I need another one this week.

• Evening all,

TT: gutted for you, hope the extra 5 weeks gets you what you want

What:5k easy
    Why: why not

• clink
    Thanks for the packing tips for my trip abroad in June

AF
    I really can't see why not - phone them & ask?

What:  Gym session including 2 miles on dreadmill.  Different gym today, with some different implements of torture, so I expect some surprised muscles to complain in the morning!

• Didn't DVD kill the video?

Lyrics: yes!

A gentle 6.5 miles this morning, after being disturbed by a small creature when cross training.
    Most of the rest of the day on my feet at the Shopping Mall in Bristol.

Some good sleep required now, as I'm racing Gloucester 20 tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone else racing.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Evening folks.

AF - I'm not sure you can. I think a clubmate tried unsuccessfully last year. No harm asking though. In my case I don't think it could really be overtraining. The s-f meant I didn't run at all through December really. The two lurgies came via Jr being in the nursery (in fact, both Mrs TT and Jr had the lurgies in both case before I caught them, so I held out quite well - plus the nursery reckon they've never had so many lurgies in there), plus the most recent was just bad luck with slightly slick grass.

RFJ - well done on NHTT. Shows how far you've come that you're not happy with that.

TR - hope the lurgy clears quickly.

Will check in for more race reports tomorrow.