Same model of shoes causing aches!

I've been running in some Mizuno Wave Inspire 4 shoes since last August,at on avarage 10-15 miles week.
Am training for a half marathon which is at the end of this month so have upped mileage and didn't want to be left running my first HM in some shoes which were getting past it therefore went to my running shop last week and bought another pair of Mizunos,same model ,same size just a different colour.
Ran in them the other evening (just 2 miles) and even though they were comfortable my left ankle after about half a mile started to ache.Anyway I let my ankle recover,did my long weekend run (12 miles) in my old shoes which I did yesterday without any problems and then tried the new ones again but after half a mile my ankle was aching again.
The shop will take them back so no problems there but has anyone experienced this before?I thought I was doing the safest thing in buying exactly the same shoe but seems not.I do wonder whether once they're worn in a bit they'll be fine but with my HM coming up I don't want to take the risk.

Comments