The A20 Pathway 17.3

Comments

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Kellie - sorry I didn't read the bit about the clocks, but I knew when the go forward. 

• As long as there is somewhere to change, it is well marshalled, there are toilets you don't have to queue for an hour for and the drinks stations are adequate, then what else can you ask from a training run. 

I don't frankly care about the scenery just the person in front whose heels I'm trying to avoid treading on.  It isn't cheap but at this point in my training regime I'm grateful someone is putting together a run over this distance to save me from going mad on a 3 hour solo run.

I do though reserve the right to whinge this time next week if any of the above are lacking. 

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Well said Stephen.
  • I'm a slow run-walker. Does anyone know if this is a good run to try
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    FLM reject - what pace are you aiming for?
  • I'd be trying for 12 min miles
  • HI All

I am abit concerened that I will get lost doing this course,image ( as I am a slow runner) like Kevin!! Is it really not marshalled/signposted enough that you can go the wrong way!

I have no intentions to break any records ( well maybe the slowest)image. Plus I ran Silverstone half yesterday!!!!

Anyone hellllp??

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    jamil - I will be running this at between 11 -11.5 min miles.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    FLM reject - My pace for my long runs very from 11.15 - 11.45 min miles so I will be one of the last runners home. If you start at 9am you shouldn't have a problem. I will even wait for you to finish.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    jamil - what time did you do at Silverstone yesterday? I had a lovely day there yesterday doing the baggage.
  • Hi Tracey, Did it in a disappointing 2.29image had a toliet stop at 7 miles, was aiming for 2.20.

Did a 2.25 in MK last week so was hoping to beat it!

Wish they started at 9.30ish rather than mid afternoon, I suppose u had fun with baggage ( probably sweated more than me on the trackimage!!!

I am worried that after 13miles I might slow down to 15min miles so finish in around 3.30/4HR!!!

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    jamil - you are quite welcome to run with me. I will be wearing a Dagenham 88 Runners vest, well that is if I wash it. What number were you on Sunday? Just wondering if you used our baggage garage. My half pb is 2.12.18, set at Sussex Beacon last month. I am hoping not to take longer than 3.5hrs.
  • Is that 3hr 50min? or 3and half?

I will prob start at the early time of 9 ( or before if allowed)., IF I do it!

I will be wearing a SCANNAPPEAL T shirt ( local Cancer charity)! my number on sunday was 6232! ( I had a Massive bag to carry aswell as I decided to Motorbike the 50miles to get to Silverstone!!

Will defo be driving to this race if I do it!

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Jamil - You was one of our bags. I remember one of our guys in our club saying something about pushing your helmet down into your bag so that it didn't fall out. I would like to finish in 3hrs 30min it could take longer.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Tracey G - No. 58

• No need to worry about getting lost , all turns ( there are only actually 4 ) will have marshalls posted at them , in fact , 2 of them have water stations as well ,, no -one will get lost (unless they deliberately set out to do so ?) and we will know who is stiil out there by your timing chip , if you have finished it will be registered . The changing room is separate from the HQ , there are as many WC's as you can find in a large hotel , parking is ok for 1000+ cars , there will be in excess of 500 litres of bottled MINERAL water for the water stations , is there anything i have missed ? Dont forget the final race instructions are on the website for downloading , otherwise just turn up and enjoy !
  • Hi All

Just paid through Runners world so "no going back now" image!!!

Also realised that there is a big hill , there goes my target of finishing it in a "DAY" !!!

This will be the most I have ever run or walked!! and third sunday running over 13miles in a row image 

"I MUST BE MAD or STUPID" 

Tracey, I had left my hemet on my bike, but because of my biker jacket & trousers as well as the rest of the junk I had I almost tore my bag aswell! 3hrs 30 is what I am aiming for, but the hill may KILL me offimage

I take it there will be no "FREE" Locozades on this run then?

• Jamil,

No chance of getting lost. I did the 'route' without reading the directions. I merely parked at the ramada hotel and ran down the A20 for 6 miles then up hubbards hill. After that I was just guessing. Now that I've read the directions it seems very straight forward.

What I will say is the route is an ideal training run for the FLM as the undulation and big hill will really strengthen the legs!

Looking forward to bottled water - much better than the plastic cups that you have to stop and walk in order to drink from.

I just did the Hasting half in 1:56.23. It was brutal as mostly uphill for 9 miles!! This run is basically flat/uphill for half and then downhill/flat for the second half so think will be much better. I am aiming for an ambitious 2:35 Sunday.

Good luck all,

• Thanks Kevin. 2.35!! Yo Go Kevin.

I just hope now that I am alive for the downhill/flat second halfimage ( I REALLY do not get on well with HILLS)!

Are the Sauna etc facilities free to use then?

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Kevin - Hasting half is my PW.

Jamil - You will have a great time.

• Tracey,

I'm new to this. PW? Is that a typo or personal worse? If you mean it is your PB then I salute you as those hills were so brutal I thought it was some kind of sick joke....

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kevin - Hastings was my personal worst. Even when you thought it was going down hill you would turn a corner and go back up hill image I am not against hill or I would not be doing Beachy Head Marathon for the 4th time this year.
  • Jamil,

Don't be scared of hills. My PB course is the T/Wells half and that has a brutal hill at 7 miles. I did my own half as part of my FLM training last week and it was a completley flat course and I was slower by 30 seconds. Hills will be your friend when your running the completley flat FLM.

I don't think its going to be a busy race on Sunday as I believe there are not yet 350 people signed up for it. I think I will have to take some energy gels on this one with me as im not carrying 2 bottles of energy drink with me.

Im looking forward to this though and im gonna try and run it at my FLM goal pace of 9 minute miles.

Keep running

www.tommys.org/stevesmarathon

• 353 and rising - Kevin , the water will come out of mineral bottles and then into plastic cups , sorry to disappoint but have you ever been to a race when bottles were handed out at water stations - most are swigged once or twice then flung , some a long way from the stations , Jamil , you will be up that hill before you know it and looking out over the downs before descending again .
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Multisport - how many water stations are there?
  • Good luck everyone ... it's getting closer! Did MK Half in a PB 1-47 weekend before last but know I need to slow down for this one ... maybe that hill will help image
  • 354,  just signed up.  lokking forward it.

Could do without this warm weather.  Come back rain , all is forgiven!!!!

• Stephen, easy for you to say !! 9 min miler image

Tracey, I take it u would be willing to carry me then if I keel over up the hill!!!

Lets just hope my legs make it unfortuntley I am built for comfort not spped!! my average speed is 11.5min miles ( excluding hills)

Lets hope marshalls are willing to stay out till 5pm ODDimage!

Is the Hotel facilities free then?

• has every one received there race number yet as i am still waiting and registered over a month ago.
  • Hi Mr Bojangles check this link!

http://www.velocity-events.co.uk/events-mainmenu-33/14-running/45-a20-pathway-run

I think number sheet & Chip will be giving on day!

I am number 349 , I am getting SOOO excited now that my legs are starting to get cramps!!!image