New Balance 768 v's 769

Anyone who uses the 768 model tried the 769 model yet? I found the 768's  great but it wont be long before they are difficult to come by, so wondered what people thought of the new model?

Comments

• fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    If you really like 'em I'd stock up on 768's then PFS. You can get 'em for £40 is you look around. Don't fix what ain't broke and all that.
  • Agree......but there not going to be available forever are they. I have been paying 40 quid for sometime and some places have stopped stocking them, so will eventually need to move onto the newer model...the reason i asked the original questionimage
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    The only way will be to try them yourself then. I've not run in them but I find them a better fit than the 768. But I do find them rather rigid.
  • Ok thanks, will have to see.
  • musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Have got a couple of pairs of 768s - one coming towards the end of it's running career and the other about 1/3 through. and have had np poroblems. Have just bought a pair of 769s and wore them for for a 4.5 mile run last night. They seemed more cushioned and lighter than the 768s and I will be getting another pair soon as "best"

My NB shoes have been

764 x 2 very good
    765 x 2 very good
    766 x 1 ditched after 1 month - achillies pain
    1050 x 2 ok, still have 1 pair in office and other pair for off road training nights
    767 x 1 ok but split at junction of 2 of the different materials in the rear foot area.
    846 x 3 ok (JJB only but wonder if it is an old model in diguise?)
    768 x 2 very good
    769 x 1 (so far) very good.
    240XC x 1 worn in one XC event (some would say never raced inimage)

You may realise that I like NB shoes!! Only complaint is that they mainly come in silver/ blue

• I know I'm responding to an old thread but I've used many pairs of nb 768/769's & wondered what their replacement number is in 2012. I need some more but do not want to change make or type as they are fantastic shoes & I can race a marathon on them brand new out of the box.
  • Burnie, the latest model I have is 860V2. Ive had them a few months so not sure if a later version is out now. Same feel as the older models more or less

• Cheers Steve, 

I'l look out for a bargain 860 on the net this evening then. They look identical but claim to have a better medial post, which will sout me fine.