The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Did the Bicarb test BBS - that's how I know. My nutritional therapy tutor suspected it because protein for breakfast made me feel like crap, and most people have their slump when they eat carbs.....

Am taking a probiotic supplement, which is much stronger than the probiotic drinks in the supermarket, and hopefully my stomach acid will start to improve.

Low stomach acid is what can happen to you if you spend years yo-yo dieting like I did.....

• Mmm - will have to look into that. How are you doing?
  • I tend to judge my weight by the size of my love handles.  In May 08 I returned from 4 months working overseas and on my return I decided to stop eating chocolate,crisps, biscuits and cakes and within a month of so my love handles started to shrink and added with an increase in running my weight started reduce.  I'm proud to sday I haven;t bought a choc bar since and I can honestly say I don't miss them.
    I used to love Snickers and Mars Bars but I can't think of anything worse.

To start with if I fancied some chocolate or crisps i'd have a chewing gum, 'cos there's nothing worse than the taste of mint and crisps. 
  • I used to eat salted popcorn with maltesers when I used to work at the cinema......

heh heh image

I am good thanks BBS. You?

• ive decided starting today to cut out all chocolate, biscuits and crisps, so far so good and ive made it through 1 day image. now ive gone mad and entered a marathon im determined to eat well and get super fit and smash all my PB's this year and run better than ever, 11.5 stone here i come !
  • You'll be fine mr sj image

I blasted thru 2 miles in 20:05 tonight - first mile in 10:06, second in 9:59.  They are the fastest miles I have ever run out on the road, without running down a 10% gradient and I am at my heaviest ever at the moment.

It just makes me wonder how fast I'll be when I am two stone lighter.....

• Fine Vixx. Full of busy and should be in bed but surfing instead, you know.

Hey Stringy, hey Mr SJ.

Know what you mean about love handles Stringy, though i would have to call mine love bumpers at the moment, they have grown so muchimage

• Hi BBS.

Love bumpers image
    Give it a few weeks and i'll rename mine grab handles.
  • well done on the speedy miles vixx !! excellent running image
  • I don't have any love handles per se - they just merge into my big backside..... image

How is everyone today?

Today's question to think about:

If you were to allow yourself one treat per day, what would you have, and what would you do to earn it?

• One treat--

as long as it didn't wreck my self control, def. chocolate- a marathon bar, someone ate one in front of me at work today.

To earn it, easy, more running, guessing about 4 miles.

Back to work today. No running but good food day so far. Sort of vaguely counting WW points but not obsessively yet as long as I keep losing. Reckon I've enough left for a slice of home made "healthy (ish)" orange cake after my meeting tonight when I KNOW I'll come in ready to graze. image

Think it might be a week without chocolate now....image

• Vixx - one treat per day would be a bar of Green & Blacks Butterscotch chocolate image

I would earn it with a one hour run or a one and a half hour cycle.

But get me off that subject...

Healthy eating still going well. Have just discovered at the age of 39 that I like smoked fishimage.

• Ooh, Blithburysloth, I ate nearly a whole Green & Blacks Butterscotch easter egg on Sunday.  It was FANTASTIC.  Just discovered I've put on half a stone though image
  • Hey VIxx thanks for the welcome, great to see a GNR thread (even though there was another one but I didnt see it  image ). This will be my first HM and it was what I was training for. Had to stop running for 4 weeks due to Sciatica mainly, but also a muscle in my ass cheek was pinching the sciatic nerve also. Last visit to see pyhsio this Thursday so should get the all clear and cant wait to get out running again. The bike and rowing are ok but nothing like running

Have been watching the cal intake also so I very confident when I get back running the pounds will come off again, not sure if losing 1.5 stone is doable before the GNR but will give it a damn good go.

• day 2 of my healthy eating and all going well, im sticking to 3 meals a day and no snacking (apart from the odd bit of fruit) and havent felt hungry. im also cutting out any ffod after i've had tea, we all sit down at 6 and eat together and then thats it for me.

im also trying to cut down on coffee and thats proving a little harder ! but im getting there. just been out for a 2.5 mile run and will be at the running club on thursday for a nice 6 mile run and some sea strides which are always 'fun' image. then ive got another 10k on sunday and will see how the weight loss goes.

• No worries Rodeo Clownz - the main GNR thread is always hanging around anyway and there are lots of nice people on there too.

Hi Ugly Betty image

• Mr sj - if you are going to bed around now, then you would be able to get away with a small snack around 9pm, or you could have a milky drink to keep your metabolism revving.....
  • Ugly Betty wrote (see)
    Ooh, Blithburysloth, I ate nearly a whole Green & Blacks Butterscotch easter egg on Sunday.  It was FANTASTIC.  Just discovered I've put on half a stone though image

My fave Ugly B

Hey Vixx - no email from you that I can see!

• I sent it to your orangehome account - it's from my hotmail account, so it may have gone into your junk tray
  • Hey all, after a virtuous weekend my week hasn't gone too well, it was birthday cake day at work today so the office was full of cakes and i had a ratherhefty slab of apple and berry crumble! I have made some bean and veg soup for lunch though....my meals are generally healthy, porridge, fruit, veg, soup, fish etc....its just that i can't resist the sweet stuff on top...especially at work!

At least i know my downfall though! Will try and get through thursday and friday eating well then i find the weekend easy!

Happy losing all

• Hi Vixx - sorry I just kind of crashed in here at the mention of butterscotch chocolate!  I've been lurking for a few days though......
  • one treat a day.....would have to be....one of those big double choc cookies cookies you get in a bag of five from tesco. mmmmmmmmmmm.

i am 10st and 5ft 2, and want to be 8st 7 by the robin hood marathon in sept. i have struggled with my weight all my life and i just turned 30 so cant blame it on my genes/parents anymore! i lost four stone with ww when i was 22, crept back on a bit and lost two stone with slimming tablets imagewhen i was 27. my downfalls are eating even when really full, emotional eating, binge eating, secret eating - you know...everything! i was 9st at the end of 2007 but after a very messy break up and then 6 months travelling round oz i got up to 11 stone again! i lost 1 stone at ww (since december 2008- helped by lots of running and not going on lager benders) and after 10 days in cyprus and 10 days "30th birthday eating" my first weigh-in back is this morning at 10am!

i would love to weigh in with you guys every friday image

• Happy Sunny Morning everyone, makes the whole thing seem easier when the sun shines.

Hi UB- it's getting serious if you're here now!  What hope have I of losing another lb by weigh-in Friday?

Fingers crossed, healthy eating and another few miles between now and then!

Good Luck Kelly.

BTW- did anyone watch the program about the 33 stone 15 year old after the BBC1 news last night?- awesome!

• Hi all image

Ugly Betty - anyone can join us, the more the merrier really image

Kelly - feel free to join us too image

Happy Sunny Day Foxy - I have a cold coming on, so am taking it easy today and will just have to appreciate the sunshine from indoors......

Hi Sydney - my dad has a recipe for a low fat crumble with oats mixed into the topping - will try and get it off him.....

Weigh in tomorrow..... And I think I should say that it is not a punishment thing - if you put on, it's not something to get down about unless you have been bingeing.  There may be reasons behind it, and those can be discussed with me privately if people wish.....

• Okay Vixx, I'll check the Junk Mail tonight.image 

I thought weigh-in was Friday Vixx? Don't start bringing it forward a dayimage

I am doing that thing when I am starting to feel good about feeling empty - why am I always so obsessive one way or the other?

I had a look on scales yesterday and it's going good. Are mid-week sneaks at the scales allowed Vixx? I think we need a full set of rules. I'm a lawyer, what do you expect? So that people don't have to reveal their current weight if they don't want to, shall we list name, gender, age, target weight loss (TWL), target date (WLTD),  this week's weight loss (WWL), total weight loss (TWL) so far or something e.g.

BBS - M - 39 - TWL: 2 stone - WLTD: 1 August 2009 - WWL: 3lbs - TWL: 8lbs

so we all report in on a Friday in that format or something like that?

• Sorry BBS - keep thinking today is thursday.....
  • People can post it however they wish - I have no set time scale for example, so I would just put down my weight lost/gained and total weight loss/gain.....

Whatever is easiest image

• image sorry I am going for my regimented rules and listing again image
  • no worries BBS - you can do it that way if you like as it will keep you focussed.  If everyone does it in a way that they are comfortable with then they will keep their aims clear in their mind.

As long as I can understand the details then I can help people to pinpoint things if they want it. image

• I suspect I am going to be in trouble with Vixx, but I have just had lunch of Moroccan Chicken Cup-A-Soup and x 2 ryita followed by a MullerRice.image

Breakfast was one slice of toast and an apple.image