Options

Quick question about application/rejection?

Hi Guys,

Not running this year but will apply monday morning. I ran last year but technically I was rejected because I got in through the bequeathed second 1000 place ballot. When I fill the online form out and put rejected last year they'll have it on their records that I only ran because of the second ballot won't they? So technically I've had two rejections so far.

Is it 4 rejections then in the 5th time?

Comments

• Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

if that makes any sense? lol I'm just kind of thinking in terms of accruing rejections as I dont think I'll get in next years either.

• Options

5 rejections and in 6th time . . .

dunno if success inthe 2nd ballot is or is not a rejection . . .
    . . . I would say that it should be . . . but . . .

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that the 2nd ballot counts as an acceptance - you did run after all. Best to ring them for confirmation however.
  • Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

Yeah I might check. I got a rejection letter but then also a letter saying thanks for bequeathing your money you're now in. Hmm, I dont want to lie on the form

• Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

Just called them, it doesn't count as a rejection because I ran. Thats a bit harsh I think, oh well not to worry will apply on monday anyway. About as much chance of me getting in as Newcastle staying in the premier league, lol

• Options

So you want another bite of the cherry while we wait patiently for our first?

Hmmmmmmm........image

You ran. Back to square one is the only fair way as far as I am concerned. I admire your honesty though. Some might have been tempted to do otherwise.

• Options
    if you run on a club place or a golden bond place it still counts as a rejection........seems a bit mean that the bequeathed lucky draw doesn't............anyway,,,,,,,one more rejection for me and i'm inimage
  • Options
    I'm in next year as I deferred entry from this year (due to injury). Doesn't stop me being insanely jealous though! I don't know what to do on Sunday morning - go and support? go on a long run? or just hide myself away for the day?!
  • Options
    faithfulred - why not go to mile 17 and help out RW supporters . . . they can always do with an additional pair of hands . . .
  • Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

Yeah go down and watch/support people and take in the atmosphere. It's pretty inspiring as an event.

I do come across a bit cheeky wondering about a 3rd London marathon go, it's not like that really. I did only get in last year because I bequeathed my money to the cause, it's not like I cheated my way in, haha I'll apply on monday but I dont expect to get in. Will try and break 3 hours in Rotterdam for the guaranteed entry.

• Options
    Seren nos - unless rules have changed Gold Bond and club places do not count.  It used to state on application 'no. times rejected in ballot', not ' years since last ran London'.    I got in that way 3 years ago, in spite of having got in via a club place for the previous couple of years. 
  • Options
    Does the ballot online entry thing stay open for a few days or is it a case of closing it down when a certain number have applied?
  • Options
    There is a limit of 120,000 applications and last year it took several days before this limit was reached.  However during that period the site opened and closed a few times.
  • Options
    Online entry had 2 phases last year.

Still didn't take long to fill up though.

Best get a GFA time then- they give you longer to apply!