Abingdon Marathon

Comments

• No Blue Legs - 100 total is superb, 16 between now and October is amazing! Good effort and good luck!
  • It will be a great achievement good luck image
  • If you are adding a runner to bottom of list (ah... the Brits and their queues...) use 'shift'+'enter' to aviod leaving a strange gap. If you are lucky enough to get a place, edit the top of list and put the 'next in line to be offered one' on the next name down... good luck everyone and please pass the word around that this forum exists rull of Abingdon desperados!

piranha (has a place!)
    runner bean (next in line to be offered one...)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie

• That will teach me for not entering early!

Please add my name to the list.

piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie

Stet

• Sorry, left out Johns name........

piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet

• piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9

• Hi gang, been a bit busy last few days so sorry haven't been about to edit etc ! I've contacted race HQ and Tracey the race secretary has sent me this e-mail which I've pasted below that we need to do to actually swap numbers. As you can see there is a bit to do so I suggest that people wanting to donate their number e-mail the details requested below and the person who is accepting the number also e-mail the required details then i can forward them both onto tracey who can confirm it has been actioned rather than doing it direct through tracey as that would just mean she ends up doing all the work which she hasn't got time to do

assuming that is ok with everyone do you want to take a note of my e-mail address : /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]eteb@nevisinternet.com]peteb@nevisinternet.com   In respect of the entry fees as tracey said I think that needs to be sorted personally between runners. I'm on here virtually every day but to save me getting swamped  I think it is best if you only send me your details when you have agreed a swap with a another runner and for the people donating the number please  make sure you confirm the list name  as well so that when the number swap has been confirmed that name can be removed from the list.

this bit is from tracey

I would just point out that I will only be accepting changes to numbers until mid-September when I have to give the details to the chip timing people.  After that no changes will be possible. I also do not intend to get involved in any transfers of entry fees between runners exchanging numbers – ie refunding one person and then accepting payment from their replacement.  The runners swapping places will have to sort out the money between themselves.

I will need the full name, date of birth, address and running club of the person giving up the number and the same information for the person being given the number, plus their EA Registration number and the details of any championship they wish to enter (Oxon, Middlesex, Berkshire, RRC or Army). 

When you send me details of any number changes can you make sure that I have a copy of the email from the person giving up the number agreeing to it being transferred and an email from the person taking over the number stating “I declare that I am an amateur as defined by UK Athletics.  I agree to abide by the current laws and rules of competition of UK Athletics.  I declare that I will run entirely at my own risk.”   

cheers

beders

• m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Seems fair enough.

Thanks for all your help with getting this going beders image

• bugger ! why does my e-mail address end up like that, it is only the last bit starting peteb@ , any techies on here who can tell me why all the rest adds itself on, I've tried editing it a couple of times and it always end's up like that ??

no worries mitten

• Hi beders, Thanks for all the work your doing for us I really appreciate the time your giving up to sort all this out for us. Thanks Chris.
  • pirhana and catchee monkee can you send me the details as above and I'll forward them onto tracey , don't forget to confirm your forum name as well so i can match you up. It's quite handy to have an early swap so we can see how the system works and also how fast it is which might become more important when we get nearer the time.

of course anyone who's got some ideas or suggestions to make it easier just tell me and I'll be more than happy to act on them. Just a thought my mobile is 07957 431189 if anyone needs to contact me, it's on pretty much 24/7 so ring or text me anytime

I'll just try my e-mail address again peteb@nevisinternet.com

•  hah it worked as I didn't go past the m of com  so although it isn't lit up in blue that is the correct address !image
  • sorry fast legs, missed your post, thanks for the thanks so to speak, it's no probs, i know what a great race it is so glad I can help others to get in, just hope it all works out ok, gotta bit of reponsibilty now !!image
  • well done bedders .....good of you to take this up......be nice if a few of us get in......as has been said think it was only 700 last year so would be a great shame if lots dont turn up on the day  this year and waste a place.

Just a thought could you ask tracy to post on their website a link to mention this swap shop that is on RW.

• Beders, with all the info you were posting I forgot to ask how you got off in the 5k? So how did it go?

• Hi Beders

Thanks for all your work getting this thread organised, it's much appreciated!  Have a great weekend all!

• Thank you beders image you've given us a hope for this!
  • piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds

Just adding another mate that thought he had entered by post. He had a bit of a shock when I told him his name wasnt on the list and it had closed.

• HI BEDERS,Thanks once again for all the hard work & your time for organizing all this MARK
  • Hi Gang, no worries , all these thanks are making me blush image.

have asked Tracey to forward on all enquries to this thread seb so hopefully they will come here automatically , if they go to the RW site, this thread is there already for them to come onto,  is that what you meant ?

fast legs, actually managed 21.49 which although slow by most standard was only 3 seconds off a PB set 5 years ago and as it was only 10 days after the FLM gives me a bit of hope for the next two races in the series ! could be the third PB in a year...which just goes to show how slow I've been in the past !!

still waiting for piranha and catchee monkee ? was it, to send me their details so we can get the first swap sorted !

happy running all

cheers

beders

• Hi beders, well done on your race mate, that's a good time on tired legs.

I did the Sorbrook challenge10k today and was 21 seconds slower than last year. FLM has taken it out of me as wellimage.

• Help!!!

how can I get myname added to the list??

Andy Miles 

• Hi Bedders.

Hope you have recovered from FLM......i gave myself a couple of very easy weeks off after that.

I had in mind if Tracey put up a message on the abingdon marathon website for all people who  pull out to contact the RW forum so that that makes her job easier and decreases the chances of someone just not turning up on the day and wasting the place if they realise that there is a bunch of us ready willing and able to run.

• piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles

there you go andy !

only 21 seconds slower !! still sounds good to me this close to the marathon fast legs

good thinking seb, I'll send her an e-mail

just a thought, still no e-mail from pirhana or catchee monkeee, until I've forwarded on the details to tracey and she's confirmed it's been actioned there ain't no number swop !! Would be good if we could try and get any agreed swaps done asap simply to make sure i don't get confused if I start to get a few built up...and I'm easily confused !!

• Thanks Beders, I am getting an overwhelming urge to join in the gushing praise of your efforts!!!! I am gutted to have missed this so at least there is a bit of hope - thanksimage

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭

piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz

• Beders, don't know if this may be causing a problem, but I'm not able to receive any e-mails sent to me through my profile on runners world. I have also tried to send them to Marathonman61 and he isn't getting them either. Just a thought, it could be the problem why Piranha and Catchee Monkey have not responded? Is anyone else having this problem?
  • AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭

Beders, I feel hugely guilty!  I started up the other thread asking someone to do one linked to the Abingdon Event page.  This you very kindly did.  I checked it a few times, bookmarked it, and now have come back a couple of weeks later to find you have a full-time job (and a fan club!)

I really, really didn't mean to land you all this work.  I am more than happy to let you carry on as you are doing such a great job, but if you want to hand it back to me, (or delegate some of the work as it gets closer to Sept/Oct) that is absolutely fine.  Just let me know!

I am really sorry!!!  And I also really appreciate all you have (so altruisticly) done so far!  image

• To be honest fast legs I haven't even thought about the profile link so have in fact posted my e-mail address on this forum on page 4 so hopefully even if they can't use the profile link they will have the address to use anyway, but still not heard from them as yet . Might go onto their profiles and try e-mailing them direct to see what happens and also try your profile as well

No probs runner bean, all these thanks are making me blush againimage At the moment it doesn't seem to be much of a chore, if it starts kicking off nearer the time i may well invoke a bit of delegation though so thanks for the offer.

looking forward to the second of the John Carr 5k series tomorrow, the opposite end of the running spectrum from a marathon but funny enough I seem to be getting a taste for speed work and the shorter races after 12 years of hating it !! must be a sign of old age !

cheers

beders