Options

Your oldest PB

Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

I have a PB from July last year (I only really started running in Jan 08), it is from the Woodland 5 mile & a bit race series....50.37..with a WAVA of 44.25 - I am not too happy with this being on my personal best page.

This year`s series of races starts on the 27th May and so my aim is to smash, rip up in tiny pieces, destroy, chop down that time. 

So what`s your oldest PB & what are you going to do about it?

Comments

• Options

I did a mile in 5:35 when I was13, that's 25 years ago....not sure I'd have any chance of getting close nowerdays - closest I've managed is 6:26 in a mile race (though I did do sub 6 for the first mile at GNR in 2007 image)

Going off my WAVA scores my best pb is 7.5 miles - 72.92%

Worst is my 800m pb @ 47.95% - guess I may give that a go in this years veterans track league image

• Options

which league are you in Vicki. First one for us is this Monday at Lee valley, North London and Herts league.

As for old PBs, I once did sub 60 for a 400 when I was at school. I could probably just about get under 1.10 now. Probably pull a few muscles trying though

• Options

Unfortunately,all my PB's are now over 10 years old and as I'm now 50,I don't expect to better any of them again.

There comes a point when you've just got to accept that PB's are out of reach and reset your goals to set 5 year PB's for instance.It's frustrating,but the thing about running is that ultimately,the stopwatch doesn't lie.The good thing is that if anything,racing is even more enjoyable without the self-induced pressure of going after PB's every time.

• Options

North East league - our first meeting is on the 18th image

I'm happy to aim for pbs in my vets category 

• Options
    My first marathon, Luton in 1999 3h 46m  aiming to better that this year though
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

My pbs date back to 2004-2005 (10K 45:30, half mara 1:36:15 and marathon 3:55 something). I've come close to them over 10K a couple of times but am unlikely to beat them now. I started running in 2000.

However, next year I slide (dis)gracefully into the MV50 category, so I'll probably reset the clock and see what pbs I can set before I get to MV60.

• Options

I know which of mine is going to stand for the longest. 2007 5K Santa dash with stopwatch timing. I ran it roughly 6 minutues faster than I'd done one before, and my 13 year old beat me by 8 minutes!!

We're convinced it was a short course, so unless my speedwork improves drastically that's never going to be bettered.

• Options

My 10k, 10 mile, Half and Marathon PBs all date back to 2004.

What am I going to do about it? Couldn't care less about the shorter three at the moment but that 4:10 is getting smashed next Spring. Training all summer to have a good crack at Beachy Head (no chance of a PB there) and then carry on training and improving through the winter. And lose about a stone as well.

• Options
    I set my half marathon PB (1:40:14) in my first ever half marathon 8 years ago. I didn't even train properly and had no idea what I was getting into so just went out and ran. I've got close to it a couple of times but never beaten it. I probably won't now either as pesky life keeps getting in the way of training and though I've only aged 8 years, I feel like I've aged 20.image
  • Options
    I personally do PB's per race as every race is slightly differant but my best 10k dates back to 1996 (33.30) but in my defence i did give up racing that year until 2005. Set my marathon PB last year (2.48) but it was my first.
  • Options

My PB's - oohh hell

Pushing Phillip ( in wheelchair )

5 mile 38mins - 2006

10k 46:30 - 2004

10 mile 1:18 - 2004

13.1 mile 1:43 - 2004

20 miles 2:58 - 2006 ='d some weeks ago

FM 4:03 - 2006

really just don't see any of then being beaten

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Most of those times are better than my current ones, without pushing a teenager in a wheelchair!

<thud>

• Options
    my first race was november 2007 so my oldest PBs are all 2008 image
  • Options

My solo PB times were some 23 years ago

10k - 34 mins

10 mile - 61 mins

13.1 miles - 1:21

FM - 2:52

my mileage in those days was at times 100 miles a week- ok, those days have gone now, and i'm 51 in a few days - but i have happy memories of it all

even happier still knowing i'm still at it all only pushing Phillip  

• Options
    Good running micknphil.......keep it up you deserve a Knighthood
  • Options

Ironman

thankyou , that's so nice of u

hope u re well

mick

• Options

My PBs are all from 1987 or before!  Snowball's chance in hell of getting under them now, due to age, injury and running longevity. The "experts" all say you have 10 years of improvement - well I'm now in my 49th year of running and my half-marathon time has just slumped to where it was in 1983.

• Options

Snowball's chance in hell

Ultra Iron wolf - i just luv the way u put that image

• Options
    My oldest PB is from 2005. It's for 2 miles which is such an odd distance not sure when I'll get the chance to run it again. I'm sure I could smash it though as I've improved a lot since then.
  • Options

Nemo

That's fighting talk - that's good !

• Options

don't lock your old pb's up too tightly! All mine were from 1991-1996 and well out of reach or so i thought.

last 12 months has seen every distance apart from 5 miles rewritten

freak stuff does happen!

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Mr. K. wrote (see)

I have a PB from July last year (I only really started running in Jan 08), it is from the Woodland 5 mile & a bit race series....50.37..with a WAVA of 44.25 - I am not too happy with this being on my personal best page.

This year`s series of races starts on the 27th May and so my aim is to smash, rip up in tiny pieces, destroy, chop down that time. 

Well I ran it last night and ok the course may have been a bit shorter but I finished with a time of 41.55 (WAVA 53.83). 

Getting there - Was the 1st in the series of 3 & hopefully I can go sub 40.00 with fresh legs.... 

• Options
    Woodland 5 is that Finch coasters series ?
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Nicko - Yes that`s right, the next one is on the 24th June & then the final one is one 29th July.

• Options
    Ahhhhhh I remember them well when lived in Reading {Reading roadrunner}. Parking outside the walls of Broadmoor hospital thinking I hope they don't spot me image