Market Drayton Muller 10K

Comments

• Goody Basil - you are still up..... do I need to bring a change of clothes tomorrow?
  • racephotosracephotos ✭✭✭

He-he, wish I could be at 2 places at once mugpunter32

Also thanks for your kind comment Basil Brush Mk II.

I have photographed the South Cheshire 20 in the past and it is a great race, organised by a great gang of folks. Also it is a NSSRA race which I do tend to cover.

I had arranged for a friend to cover the race for me, but unfortunately he is ill.

Now, I am whispering this ever so quietly, "we might miss the rain". image

See you all later.  Fingers crossed you all have a good one.

Just off to Church for a 8am Mass, might just sneak in a prayer or two.

Kind regards

Bryan

• Looks like a nice morning for a run.

Bryan, I'm number 1072, if you get a piccy of me at the finish, any chance of you using photoshop to change the "just run a marathon" look I'll have to a "fresh as a daisy" look and doctoring the race timer to say 35 mins?

Good luck everyone

• Just done the Muller 10 k .  Well organised, good gifts at the end, well worth it. Well done to the organisers and thanks to Muller.

Did it in 47 mins, not bad seeing as I haven't run since the Ironbridge half due to injury. 

All I need now is a picture to finish the day. I will be checking race photos out later.  Hopefully Bryan got one of 353 somewhere.

GSG

•  Great run, faily well organised, apart from running out of t shirts and goody bags!!! Our race numbers were taken and momentos will be posted to us, hopefully.

7 min off my pb so happy enough.

Well done to all that took part.

Thanks to organisers and the marshalls, no race without them!

• Exceptionally well organised and family friendly! Did you guys spot the lovely family at 5miles, who were at the top of their drive handing out smarties and Jelly Tots? That really made me smile.

My 4 year old and 6 year old LOVED the Kids races, and were overjoyed to get their very own medal.

A big thanks to all involved in organising and supervising the event. See you next year..........

• I have to say, very impressed with the speed of those youngsters in the kids races! I was one of the time keepers waiting for the last finshers at the time image

The first provisional 800

• Good organisation as usual. This was my 4th time at this event and it's amazing how it has grown. It's a little disappointing to hear about the T shirts and goody bags, but I'm sure that will be rectified. Thankfully not as hot as last year but missed my target by 3 seconds (40.03) so a little disappointed. Parking is just about at it's limit but I was able to get away with little problem. Will be there next year. Thanks to Tim and all the support staff for their hard work.
  • Well organised as per usual, weird thing was, I finished 25th in 35:51, YET, when I went straight for my T-Shirt, they only had Medium and Large left... so obviously alot got them before the race maybe?

Cheers Pug image

• Hi Pug, yep the announcer chap was encouraging people to collect them before the race.

Missed the medal this year, but having said that the level of goodies you get is so good you really can't moan at all! Again an excellent race, great organisation, nice course, lovely atmosphere.

• First time for me at tis event, and I have to say it was one of the best organised races I've ever done.  Plenty of goodies and an absolute bargain entry price, with a really nice atmosphere and loads to do after the race.  Thanks to Muller RC for a great race image

• good effort pug... just thought id let you know.... the toffeeman is back and is out to get you!!!! image
  • This was my first event too and if the others I have planned for the rest of the year are half as good then I'll be very happy. Can only repeat what others have said, thank you to the Muller RC and all of those who gave up their time to put on this race.

I'll be back for 2010, it'll be interesting to see how Tim and his team improve on 2009 and deal with the ever increasing numbers. Once again well done to all.

• Wheres the so called medal?
  • The goody bag was one of the best I have ever had so I'm happy even without a medal!

What a GREAT day all round!  Brilliant race, fantastic family day... Lovely Marshalls and a huge thank you to all the supporters who took time out to cheer us all on as we ran the course!  I am definitely going to make this a regular event in my race diary and will be back year upon year! image

• Pug your finish was impressive see photos on www.dk10k.co.uk   I took over 1300 photo's. Am busy going through them, will take about 3 days to do between chores.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3571/3521937634_ed9ed9cf5e_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3412/3521937854_1e73d97f6d_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3303/3521938068_6dd4f69214_o.jpg

• becky Farmer wrote (see)
    Wheres the so called medal?
    due to the massive demand unfortunately they ran out. However, if you email the organiser I think he will oblige if he is getting any more minted.
  • Brian, WOW, brilliant, cheers for that, well pleased with that, was the toughest sprint finish I've ever done, so chuffed to be bits you got some good pictures... really good un's.. cheers, much appreciated.

Cheers Pug image

• I can't believe the mentality of some folk.  Whinging about not getting a medal, when you have had a technical T-Shirt (About £15 for one on Wiggle) ,a backpack with stuff in it, and a dozen free youghuts for £10!

I did the Shakespeare, 2 weeks previously for a small medal, a banana and a bottle of water, which cost £25.  Plus I had to pay £6 to park..  That was something to moan about.

Medal or not, for me this is the best value event in the country.

Only minor grumble is that you could do with doing the course in reverse if there are 1250 next year.  A wider start is a must.

• racephotosracephotos ✭✭✭

If I had a penny every time I was asked, "make sure you take my best side", I would be a rich man.

Brian and myself like to oblige Pug.  image

http://www.racephotos.org.uk/Muller_Small/Pug.jpg

Kind regards
    Bryan
    www.racephotos.org.uk

• Gary,

Fully agree with you on the quality of the gizzits. Give me a decent running shirt over a medal any day. Now if they chuck in some 2009 Gel Kayanos........image

From what I've read they're already looking at starting next years event on the Grove school playing field and have timing pens, which will sort the start out. Add to that chip timing and park and ride to alleviate parking and congestion, it really shows the organisers are on the ball.

• What an excellent race!  I had a great day – smashed my pb (was only my second 10k though), was aiming for around 55 mins and despite taking best part of a minute to even get to the start line I came in at 54.47 so super happy with that.  With how big the race is now I think timing chips next year are a great idea.

I thought it was fantastic that the locals were sat in deck chairs in their gardens cheering us along.

Did anyone else partake in a burger from the farmers’ market afterwards?  Weren’t they tasty?

• Well done on your PB Emma!

I thought it was an excellent race too... gutted i missed out on the burger though, I opted for the sausage but wasn't impressed! image Well, I know for next time now... get in the burger cue!!

• chip timing is the way foward........ watch this space!image
  • I thought it was a really good day
    Good weather like last year and for some reason it was my feet that felt the heat most...

I managed to knock 5:20 off last years time just missing out on the sub 40 by 20 seconds (should have started further up the field)

Yeah, anyways great event apart from the fact that they let all the cars through before everyone had finished, so the last few finishers had to run around cars

PS Bryan Dale purposefully missed me out in his photos just because i look young... cheers
  • Golly there are some lovely grimaces going on in those sprint-finishes!! image

• Brian Smith, I think I love you.

You have taken a photo of me that makes me look vaguely athletic. Thank you image

• When you say I love you, I hope your female !!