Abingdon Marathon

Comments

• Beders, good luck with the 5k tomorrow mate. I'll keep a look out for the e-mail if you send it. But still haven't had the ones my mates have tried to send.
  • HI! Can you add me too please!!

I had a great abingdon last year and an even better london this year .... i'd like to go for another pb. !!!Hope  we are successful in getting places.

thanks

sian

• piranha (has a place!)
    runner bean (next in line to be offered one...)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz
    redroadrunner

there you go

• AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭

Beders, thanks: you're a hero!!
    I actually had a call tonight  from Abingdon saying they were full and would destroy my cheque.  My husband took the call, and they actually said something about RW operating a waiting list!

Btw, Beders, if you're trying to contact Piranha, he's not actually contributed to this thread, but was on the main Abingdon thread, about the time this was set up.

Not sure what happened to Sian, or who redroadrunner is, but I'll add Sian anyway:

piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz
    redroadrunner
    Sian Alberry 2

• AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭
    Oh, good luck for your 5K, Beders!!  image  One of the things I like about marathons is you can get a decent time without having to run fast.  5K is a sprint as far as I'm concerned!  Hope you have a good one!
  • Hi Runner Bean, Think we also need to give a big thanks to you for being the originator of this waiting list. If it wasn't for people like your self and beders we would have no hope of getting a place in this race. Thanks for your time and effortimage.

Chris.

• piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz
    redroadrunner
    Sian Alberry 2

Edski675

• Can you please add me to the list as well, thanks in advance.
  • piranha (has a place!)
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz
    Sian Alberry 2
    Edski675
    Ben Fancourt

have deleted redroadrunner as that is simply a forum name for Sian as per her text

fast legs have you got that e-mail yet ? if not there is a bit of a communication problem in that if neither piranha or catchee monkey come on this thead they won't know what to do  ! Tracey at race HQ has confirmed she will try and put a link to here on their website but I think it just goes to show if you want to have your number changed you'll have to keep popping in to check. Might be an idea to put the doner's name next to the recipients name on the list perhaps so at least they will know who giving to who ?

will try and get hold of piranha by posting a message on the other thread but not sure what to do about catchee monkey , just hope he pops into thread again

cheers

beders

• Beders - you seem to be doing a fantastic job here organising this waiting list.

Could you please add my name to the list.  I was so disappointed to miss out after getting a PB in the race last year.

• Hi

Could I add my name to the list also ?

Cheers

Clive

• piranha (has a place!)   please send me your details asap !
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole
    Custard Cream
    Mark Skev
    Jacqui W
    Wibles
    Smiffie
    dough boy
    Kal3000
    andyp
    MatthewTickle
    julie stribling2
    chris
    jforce
    Jill jones
    Rod Jones
    Raoul
    Senor spam
    Les Pullen
    Seb Coe
    Wilfie
    John Gallagher
    Stet
    David Johnson 9
    Mark Reynolds
    andy miles
    Sezz
    Sian Alberry 2
    Edski675
    Ben Fancourt
    Paul Brinkley
    clive smith 2

there you go

• Hi fast legs, looks like the RW link doesn't work, better remind people to get in touch with me.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WANT TO DONATE A NUMBER OR YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND WANT TO RECEIVE A NUMBER YOU MUST SEND ALL YOUR DETAILS AS STATED ON PAGE 4 OF THIS FORUM TO MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND I RECOMMEND THAT ALL PEOPLE ON THE WAITING LIST KEEP CHECKING THIS FORUM REGLUARLY, HAVE STILL NOT HAD DETAILS FROM PIRANHA OR CATCHEE MONKEY (DONER) SO THEIR NUMBER SWAP HAS NOT HAPPENED YET !!!

problem with showing e-mail address it is as follows peteb*nevisinternet.com but with a @ instead of *, for some reason it just won't let me post the address with @ in it !!!

• why can't I show my proper e-mail address peteb*nevisinternet.com but with an @ instead of a *.

can any computer buff please explain why I can't seem to put my actual e-mail address on this forum without it adding a massive load of cr*p in front of it ???

• HI BEDERS ,as i'm not at the top of the list yet i have not forwarded my details to you,do you need asap or when i'm at the top,i thought it was just me and fl havin' probs with RW link but you are correct it don't work,perhaps thats why 1st swap as still not happened
  • Hi beders, dont know whats going wrong there mate. It does the same if I try and post it.
  • marathonman61 No I think the best way to do it is as soon as someone comes onto the site to offer a number to the next one on the list both the doner and the person at the top of the list should send their details to me then otherwise i would get loads of people's details and would probably struggle to match them up as I'm not that good at computers...as you can see by the trouble I'm having with showing my e-mail address !!

cheers

beders

• fast legs don't you just love computers !!!!image
  • Beders, I'm sure that if and when the time comes the parties involved will work it outimage.  How did your race go?
  • AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭
    beders, I asked my o/h who works in IT about your email address  problem and he came out with some complicated sounding explanation, but then added there wasn't an easy solution for the end user.  Ho hum.....
    I'll inform RW on the websites bugs section that the RW internal email thing isn't working, if you like.
    Thanks so much again for doing this, and thanks for thanking me Fast Legs.  I confess to having a vested interest.  I want a place at Abingdon, like the rest of you guys!  Beders, however, is altruism personified!
  • hi runner bean...i thought the answer would be complicated but there again most technology is to me, I've only just worked out how to use sky+ and watched the FLM the other day...didn't see myself though.

have to admit to a bit of a vested interest, my bro in law is 7th on the list as i said I'd see if I  could get him a place.

bit suprised fast legs, I managed to get a 15 second PB, 21.31 for the 5K beating a time I'd set 5 years ago which either shows how training hard can actually reverse the aging process or simply how rubbish i was 5 years ago ! either way I'm pretty made up and now I've got my WAVA (age related) rating up to 69.66% so close to this years target of breaking the 70% barrier. there again one of my mates recently told me that the time to be rated on the national athletic rating is something like sub 18 mins for a V50 which i suppose puts me in my place...well towards the back !!! heheh!

yeah I seem to be fretting a bit about getting the first number swapped it's just I don't want to raise everyones hopes and then for it to fall flat on it's face ! don't want the cheers imageto change to jeersimage

cheers

beders

• Beders, you are as star...  well done

• Hi Beders,

Your efforts are really appreciated so don't fret, I can't imagine anyone jeering you after all your hard work

Thanks! image

• AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭
    I've had a reply from RW on the wesite bugs section of the forum saying they will get the RW email function  sorted asapimage
    Let's hope they do!

Don't fret, Beders!  I don't imagine there will be many swaps until the end of the summer when folk start training seriously, and getting injured, (which is my normal trick.......ended up pulling out of this year's FLMimage)
    Well done, btw on your 5K time!  I need to get into the WAVA thing myself, as I was half way to 90 earlier this year, and most women in my club are younger and faster.
  • I've been popping in and out of this forum to see how it's all going and I'm interested in this WAVA thingy.  I did have a brief look once and went on a website and you had to enter details in order to work out your percentage but I couldn't get it to work.  That sounds a bit pathetic I know - but briefly doesn't anyone have a user friendly site they could recomment. 

• Runner-bean and S Hirst I cheat and use the fetcheveryone website, once you've registered which is free and easy as I remember, well it was a few years ago and it must have been easy otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. All you have to do then is put in your member details which includes your date of birth then simply go onto the race section and input your race details including the times and it automatically gives you the WAVA rating for each race. Mine is normally pathetically low and ironically enough all my best ones by far are in the short distances, 5k and 10k, my marathon ones are rubbish !!! Like you  Runner-bean, I need the help that age gives me, lots of younger and faster runners out there but at least the WAVA rating gives me a fighting chance (52 if you want to know)

cheers

beders

• StuchburyStuchbury ✭✭✭

Hi there

Is it too late to add my name to the bottom of the waiting list? I've just logged on to sign up and I've missed the closing date. Oh dear.. races are becoming really popular really quickly thse days!

Thanks very much.

• piranha (has a place!)   please send me your details asap !
    slow duck
    c-cat
    mitten
    doc 117
    dave magee
    fast legs
    Marathonman61
    dalli
    top banana
    oldshoes
    Holymoly
    Eva MIdsole