2009 Liverpool Half Marathon

Hello all - thought I'd start a fresh thread on the Liverpool Half Marathon as the last one seemed to lose it's way!

Bit of positive news to report... I've been able to negotiate the use of the internal space at the BT Conference Centre for next year so it will be possible to introduce better baggage, massage, retail, warm up and any other facilities for the day inside the Arena / BTCC building. Toilets will remain outside as we need more than are inside the building!! Oh and by the way... all of you that took a leak at the end of Park Road behind the Ibis Hotel once the race had started - you were being watched by Merseyside Police!! I've been asked to ensure the impromptu public toilet arrangements don't occur again next year.

Also looking at taking the start straight out toward Blundell Street (McDonalds) from Queens Wharf to turn left on to the main road and then follow the course as last year past the Police Station at Canning Place. Should deliver a faster start.

Entries already in from Bodmin, Lanarkshire, Glasgow, Manchester, Chester, Prestatyn, Stourbridge, Stansted, Leeds, Chesterfield, Sale, Mansfield, Northumberland, Plymouth, York, Aylesbury and Chorley. A couple have come in from Liverpool as well!!

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative

Comments