Why not disqualify walkers?

Comments

• i'm doing to langport 10k, and i'd like to see anyone try and drag me off the course after i've paid.
  • Actually now i might push my 20 stone to the front , wearing the largest, most silly costiume i can find, and walk from the start dropping used water cups all the way along the route, whist wearing my ipod and singing away to YMCA. I'm sure KK will join me, well lap me any how.
  • i'm with the strongman - let anyone dare deprive me of my 'bought and paid for' rights.  Zap those who show off - running all the way, with cattle prods for their cheek and audacity.

There should be separate races for 'I never walk' participants.  Together they can all puff out their proud chests and preen their wind blown tail feathers in a frenzy of fast paced mutual admiration  image

• I think you lot are being way too extreme....................How about the good old peashooters with Leo's dried peas................they would work wonderfully on bare thighs.............just remember to blow not suckimage
  • 'frenzy of fast paced mutual admiration  image'

oooh my favourite type of races image

• Very good KK. I like your mind....

....alot image

• I did the Dublin Marathon last year. Started in the right 'pen' area for my finish time of 4 hours and passed people walking (in the middle of the bloody road as well) within the first few hundred yards.
  • Surry - what did you expect???? - you were in Dublin - in Ireland ??!!!!

• Finally i have found something for my new invention, i created it last year and haven't yet found a use for it, until now, i'm gonna be a millionare for sure, what i've done is fitted a pressure pad to the soles of each trainer, each linked via infra-red, if at any point the two pressure pads become activated at the same time ( ie walking) then a 10,000volt electrical charge will be sent up both legs, usually ( proved through rigorous testing) this results in instant death, obviously this would only became active once the trainers have crossed the start line else it would be a sorry state in the changing rooms,(especially with all than water about),

also i forgot to mention the two 30kg batterys you have to carry around with you or the 5 mile, 10k, 13.1 mile, etc etc extension lead.

any dragons out there that want a piece of the action. 

( now looking for more trainer testers, will pay all travel expenses, one way only.)  

• I have been deliberating to post for a few days!  No longer can I bite my lip.

I am disgusted at the cruel and discourteous view you all seem to have those who maybe just trying to improve their lives with a bit of exercise. 

• Nothing wrong with trying to improve your life with exercise. Starting at the front of a marathon and walking in the middle of the road IS discourteous, though.
  • Billy Connolly once said that to improve marathons as an event for the TV viewer, every 10 mins the last 20 or so runners should be shot.
  • Banning commercials? do you mean hoardings or commercial vehicles?

• surreystrider wrote (see)
    Billy Connolly once said that to improve marathons as an event for the TV viewer, every 10 mins the last 20 or so runners should be shot.

BC is a tosser

• kittenkat wrote (see)
    Good question, can we start with commercial vehicles, as some of them drive too slowly or give up altogether and park.
    Those FLM TNT lorries need blowing up for starters, they always cheat and take a short cut to the finish.
  • Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
    surreystrider wrote (see)
    BC is a tosser

couldn't agree more!

;

All cycle races should be done on fixed wheel bikes thus eliminating freewheeling which is worse than walking, because basically it's just sitting down.

• Marshallini, I like your thinking!

I also agree on BC!

• surreystrider wrote (see)
    Billy Connolly once said that to improve marathons as an event for the TV viewer, every 10 mins the last 20 or so runners should be shot.
    PMSL , i like that, and KK i'm doing the Langport and hopefully the Santa run in london, bet noone thought i would still be run / walk / limping after the marathon,. Mind you Kaz nearly gave me a stoke making me run up a vertical hill on a bridal path the other night, i was first sick, then past out, and then laid in bed wondering if i should call an ambo.  I LOVE RUNNING NOW LOL.  sorry walking very fastly.
  • devonstrongman wrote (see)
    Mind you Kaz nearly gave me a stoke making me run up a vertical hill on a bridal path the other night, i was first sick, then past out, and then laid in bed wondering if i should call an ambo.  I LOVE RUNNING NOW LOL.  sorry walking very fastly.

"getting a stroke running up a bridal path" sounds like a euphemism for something.

Not sure what though.

• M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    surreystrider wrote (see)

Bikeradar recently had a bike race called "Devil takes the hindmost" where the last rider (or group of riders) was shot every 15 minutes.

Okay, maybe they weren't shot.  They might just have been disqualified.

• It was used at the European Team Athletics event at the weekend as well. Crammy was not happy
  • Im going to start at the front of my next race and walk. That will teach you ha ha ha
  • needlessly snippy comment deleted

• Now banning walkers in races is one thing. How about banning walking altogether. Especially pedestrian walkers who cannot walk in a straight line. In my town there are so many of them its like a flipping zombie town.