San Silvestre 10k Barcelona

Looking to do this New Years Eve race, and wondering if anyone on here has done it before.

Comments

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

I've done it.

I really enjoyed it. The course is flat...almost completely. Great atmosphere ,as night falls about 10 minutes after the Start . No medal ..but nice ,bright long-sleeved T-shirts distributed before race meant that we looked good in the dark.  We stayed here and the Start was outside the hotel door. *  A bit of a walk to the nearest Metro, this is not in the heart of town but right opposite the beach and taxis are cheap. N.B. It's, clearly, a 'clothing optional' beach and a surprising number of very mature Catalans swim all year round. * Water station and chip-mat at 5k and the Results were on the official site very quickly. Not a lot of crowd support until about half way but lots of cars honking their horns.Definitely a fun way to start off  New Year. Anything in particular you want to know?

Every restaurant was packed by 11pm ...since the New Year is welcomed by huge amounts of eating and drinking ....and clubs etc seemed to run from about 1 am 'til...who knows? Loads of fireworks at midnight.

• Thanks for the info. We'll be going with 'running crazy' so where to stay is sorted. My only question was whe uther the course was accurate, but you've sort of answered that already. Planning to stay from 29th until the 2nd and do a bit more running along the harbour once the hangover subsides!
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Really fancy running this race - is there any way to enter direct? As we're coming from Scotland it makes more sense to book our own travel etc, rather than using a package.
  • I did this a couple of years ago. Makes for an excellent New Year holiday in Barcelona. Indeed I had so much fun after the race I lost my voice and couldn't speak for a week! I actually stayed more centrally - made travel to the race start a bit longer but it was easier for sight seeing and nightlife etc. I recommend it though - great fun running at sunset!
  • has anyone tried to enter through the link above it seems to be all in spanish and the country drop down list doesn't include England. Please help as i want to do this race having booked a flight and hotel and was just fooling around when i came across this race. 
  • i'm trying to find the web site as well.seems to be well hidden.i'm hoping to be flying from the north east.
  • ESES ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the event is on this year (2009)? clicked on the link above but that was for 2008, can't find anything for this year, and would really like to do it.
  • Ryanair flights from Scotland - and very nice hotels on the Tablet hotel site.  But I guess taking the package means you are running with someone who knows the area, race etc.  I can't wait!
  • ESES ✭✭✭
    Do you know where I can download an entry form? There is  group of us travelling independently.
  • Is the event open for 2010. i am thinking of doing this with my daughter and husband, we are all probabaly weel over the hour mark for a 10k any ideas as to the standard ?

thanks