Camelbak - how do you wear yours?

Hello

I recently bought a Camelbak Flashflo. It's great in terms of not having to carry bottles of water about and actually having somewhere to put my house keys (I won't tell you where I kept them before, save to say I don't think anyone would have mugged me for them).

The thing is, I can't seem to stop it from jiggling about. I've never had one before, so I don't know if this is normal and something I have to get used to, or if I'm doing something wrong. If I wear it on my hips, it just ends up jiggling up to my waist, and if I wear it on my waist, I have to really tighten it to stop it moving which is quite uncomfortable. Pretty much all the running I do is hill and trail, so I'd like something that fits quite snugly.

Any tips? Apart from Mr.W's suggestion that I 'eat more pies' image

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I think you have to tighten it up.

My OH uses a double bottle belt, and to keep it from bouncing he has to have it really tight.

I tried it, but I just find it too uncomfortable.

Perhaps having a bit more cushioning is the way to go?  image

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    it's a problem that a few ladies seem to have with the Flashflo - probably as you lot have waists unlike us fellas! I guess the belts on ours sit below the gut area on the hips so aren't so prone to movement

undoubtedly it does jiggle about and the only way to reduce this is to have the belt tight, get as much air out of the bladder as you can (reduces the bulk), and sit the 'flo in the small of the back before tightening the belt.

and yes - eat more pies
  • Thanks FB and Wilkie. I'll give tightening it up again a shot, I initially found it quite uncomfortable but maybe it's something I need to get used to.

it's either that or fixing it into place with the office stapler...

Wilkie - I wish! I'm flat as a pancake and gangly with it, it makes no difference how many pies I eat. And I do like my pies image

• office stapler is the way to go.  Please post photos and also transcript of the conversation with A&E triage nurse image

I saw an advert for a camelbak that fits into the back of a t-shirrt today.  Suspect that jiggles even more than the belt, but am keen to find one in a store and look!

• Reidy 36Reidy 36 ✭✭✭
    Heckenhocker wrote (see)

office stapler is the way to go.  Please post photos and also transcript of the conversation with A&E triage nurse image

I saw an advert for a camelbak that fits into the back of a t-shirrt today.  Suspect that jiggles even more than the belt, but am keen to find one in a store and look!

I think you will find that wigle have the shirts in.
  • Heckenhocker - I'd be interested to hear how the shirts work out...

<prepares stapler>

comments on that C'bak vest/bladder thing I have read generally seem to say it's a very expensive pile of naff.........

seems to be OK if you want to mimic Quasimodo........

"mathter.....the bellth....."
  • Do they make double ones that you can wear back to front, giving the illusion of two massive breasts?

Come on, there must be a market for something like that. I've seen those documentaries about guys who wear nappies for kicks...

• M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Something you want to tell us about Mr S?
  • RoooRooo ✭✭✭
    Glad I came across this discussion... was just about to buy myself one but not so sure now if it does move about a bit... has anyone got the camelbak octane xc? Is that about the same? I am wondering whether I am better off buying another hip belt with two bottles... I wouldn't like all that moving around, but then again want at least 2 liters.... Any ideas? Ta
    the Octane is a classic rucsac style - the Flashflo we're talking about here is a waistbelt style so two very different styles of fit so it's difficult to compare them on a like for like basis
  • RoooRooo ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see image well, if you have a flashflo then doesn't the hose (or whatever it's called) get in the way? I know I am such a novice!! image Talked to a girl in a running shop today and she suggested just getting a good little running rucksack and putting a bladder in... not sure, I think at the moment I favour the idea of buying another belt with two 500ml bottles... hmm?
    no - the hose clips to the waistbelt so stays out of the way. unclip to drink, clip back in when finished...