Wednesday 1st July 2009

And on the way this sunlight plays on her hair.

Morning All

What : 5M am / Yateley Race 2 pm (Nice soft target from race 1 to beat)
Why: Its geting to be a habit image
Last Hard : Saturday
Last Rest : Last Month image

Welcome back IM , FL & Virgil

And I hope the neck improves alehouse

Comments

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Morning folks.

Yesterday's lyrics as guessed by many were by The Prodigy - Breathe.

Good luck for Yateley JH.

Nice one AF. Good workout then? image Impressive figures - 420m @ a sub-3hr mara pace average!

alehouse - hope things are picking up.

TmR - I'm sure I read somewhere that a virus can suppress the HR.

sharkie - indeed, hence why I took this morning off. Sounds like a promising session!

Nicely done on beating your mileage target PH.

Hi Virgil.

What: rest am / 3-6 x 5mins aerobic reps with 5mins jog rec pm
    Why: tired & cautious / schedule
    Last hard: Monday.
    Last rest: Saturday.
    Lyrics: Yes.

Have a great day all!!!

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Morning all

Joe H
    Thanks for posting lyrics I actually get for a change!
    Very apt for this weather as well.

What:  7-8 miles fairly hard this evening
    Why:  Wednesday, so club night
    Last hard:  4 days
    Last rest:  1 day

More later

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Time to whip it out and list the monthly stats

Cycling - 962miles - nearly 56hours of cycling !!!!!!
    Swimming - 9.3miles
    Running - 0 miles :¬(
    Gym - 12 hours
    Rest days 1
    Non run days 30
    Time trials - 2 on the bike (pbs 2)
    Races - 3 on the bike

Todays training

What: cycling d&d
    swimming at lunchtime
    watching Yateley 2 this evening as MiniG(fun run) and Rach_E are running.
    Why: just passing time
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: June 13th
    Lyrics: I believe I do
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

morning

What: 4.6 miles
    Why: because it's a habit
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 16 Feb

That was horrible.  HR was 10-15 bpm above what it should be for the pace.  It might be the heat, it might be the lack of sleep.  Whatever it was it was deeply depressing.  

Have a good day.

• Morning all,

be careful in the heat, and happy Canada day!

Mava, hope you are feeling better.

What:  5 miles easy
    Why: miles, and working on losing the pounds I've found since I got married...
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: Mon
    Lyrics: YES
    Day housemate is moving out so husband and I have house to ourselves for the first time: TODAY <does little dance>

Good runnings all!

• G'day,

Hopefully 10m easy this evening. Slight soreness in Ar5e - hope injury not recurring - Plenty of stretching - it seems to help. I might sit it out today.

Mava - Dont get too down about HR & feeling of tiredness - these things go in cycles - I believe its v. hot over there - bound to have an effect - I'm looking out my window at Rain & Drizzle and V grey skies (forecast not much better!!. Any sleep last nite?? 

Wont admit to getting those Lyrics, although some say its a classic!!! 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Lyric - 'fraid so
    Welcome back to even more lurkers...
    Good luck at Yateley JH, did have the opportunity to run as a friend can't make it, but as we know, you can't swap numbers....Wanna do the last one, best Yateley counts in the club champs (and so does the best NHTT, and I've not done one of those yet...)

Last night : 8x400s on grass, with 200 recoves. Hard work, bit cloudy but soooooo muggy...
    Didn't have my usual watch on so didn't get splits, but guessing they were down on 2 weeks ago, just didnt feel like pushing it too hard in such humidity.
    Today - 40 minutes easy at lunchtime towards limehouse and back, guess what, it was hot.

June mileage, not worked it out yet, but around 150, 3 rest days no races. Think i'm just short of 1,000 miles for the first half of the year, so should be on target to beat my previous annual best (1700 or so in 2003). Oh that 1,000 doesn't include 260+ miles walked on the pennine way either.

Super day everyone

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hello Virgil, nice to see you back

June stats

Ran 103 miles image
    Races: 2

Totally disappointed with the month feel my aerobic reservoir is emptying fast

Also struggling myself with the weather and my night Shifts!!!! i finish at 2am and don't feel safe enough to go for a run at that time of the morning, it was lovely this morning so if i go and sleep get up around noon its too hot. Just frustrated really.

Mondays lyrics - The Sun ain't gonna shine anymore - The Walker Brothers. My sarcastic sense of humour as we are in the middle of a heatwave

What: Don't know
    Why: I don't know
    Last Hard: Since Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes and i know the advert where this is a backing track
  • Afternoon all,

Alehouse:  Ouch!  Hope your textbook case clears up soon.

PH:  Well done on the mileage

TT:  I think the session with CD lowered the average quite a bit image

• What:  19m
    • Why:  Mid-week long run.  Totally failed to drag myself out of bed ( Mava, TMR, the insomnia cure works for me image ) so another Mad Dogs and Marathon Runners session which will no doubt drag down this month's average pace image
    • Last Hard:  Thursday
    • Last Rest:  15/5

Have a good one!

• A'noon peeps.

What : 5M Steady on a cracking summers morning.

No wind, sun shining, peaceful and the local wildlife out and about (3 deer in a field down by the River Clyde).

Lyrics:Yes.

Really warm and humid in Glasgow today.

Have a good one peeps.

• Hello!

Pammie:  like the sarcastic lyrics, stopped shining here a bit today thankfully!

Dustin:  Encountered the Mad Dogs myself this morning.  Got jumped on by one almost as big as myself!  Enjoy the run

What:  13.25 miles d&d along favourite undulating coast route
    Why:  My first, and probably last, LSR of the month
    Last hard:  Saturday
    Last rest:  Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (I've been a lazy boy in this heat...)

For various not-great excuses, haven't had a great running spell, so nice to get a longest-since-marathon run in.  June mileage is about 142.2 which is considerably below target.  Still, better than last June!  July will be even worse with a nearly 4 week break, but I am determined to a) drink less and b) as a result of that, run more when I get back! Hopefully there's no heat wave in August...

Hope it's the start of a good month all round!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings,

What - 4.25m
    Why - Easy day
    Last Hard - Mon
    Last Rest Fri

Take care

• 'Evening all

What: 13.5ml v. relaxed
    Why: returning to the 'old Wednesday' - mid week medium long run.  Would have gone at when it was hotter, ( aggressive acclimatisation) but had to wait till the end of the Murray match image

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Hot out there for our club run.  Despite all that we hit a couple of sharp hills with some vigour, and at the half way point I got 3 others to join my brisker break-away group for the longer route back.  Bit hot & bothered by the end!

Club cttee meeting tomorrow provides a handy rest day.