Well baby they tumbling down.

What : Runnyead Relays
Why : Nice day out in Windsor Great Park
Last Hard : Yesterday evening
Last Rest : Monday 

Have a good weekend everyone and all the best to the racers

Comments

• Tis quiet on here today.

Anyway, it looks like long run shortly (hopefully 15m) in the light rain - nice and cool. Feeling strong after yesterdays rest.

TT, I suppose youre doing a quick 30 or so today.

16 weeks to go now from Monday - the countdown is on to Dublin. I've a good schedule laid out with good buid up races, so the only thing that can get in the way now is injury - fingers crossed.    

Keep on runnin. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

very very quiet...

Happy Independence Day to all our american friends

Yesterday got home early so bagged an hour (~8 miles) in the teatime sunshine.
    Today - will get out for more of the same later...and tomorrow up to Oxford for kids athletics.

Have a great weekend

• Afternoon all,

NZC:  Marathon runners never get older; just slower, although I'm aiming to be the exception to the rule image

• What:  AM: 10m.  PM: 4m
    • Why:  Recovery.  Legs very heavy and tired this AM
    • Last Hard:  26/6
    • Last Rest:  15/5

Have a good one!

• Lo,

happy 4th to y'all too.

What: 4 miles easy
    Why: switched long run to tomorrow because it is going to be cool!
    Last hard: a week
    Last rest: Monday

Good runnings all.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Happy independence day

What: just shy of 3½ miles
    Why: a run is a run is a run
    Last Hard: Today was a struggle
    Lyrics: No idea
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - NHTT 18:27 & 7th
    Why - Weekly hit...
    Last hard This morning
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Jnr won the best young male award for NHTT in the 1st year.... he (and me) are very happy...

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: MRI and 23 miles on the bike d&d
    Why: finally arrived now 23 days until the results
    Last hard: can't remember
    Last rest: slept during my MRI
    Lyrics: I think so
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Happy Independence Day to the US-based amongst us.

Nah Paddy, just the one run of 23 for me today. Will bear in mind re: the 'plumber' image

Cheers Scobos. Fingers crossed I'm due a good second half to the year after all the problems of the first half. Certainly feel as if I've come out fighting.

Nice quote AF.

Sounds like a good workout there 40mins.

NZC - was wondering where you'd gotten to. Re: the lack of perkiness, is it just one of those things or have you caught something?

Congrats to Jnr RFJ.

What: 23m LSR d&d this am.
    Why: family stuff planned for tomorrow necessitated a switch of long run.
    Last hard: ?
    Last rest: Wednesday.
    Lyrics: No.

Legs were a little tight this am, but no drama, ran strongly throughout and felt pretty good. The lesson from today is that I probably shouldn't do heavy weights the evening before a long run image

Just realised whilst updating my log that for the last 7 days I have actually notched up 135m. Pleased with that as there was a complete rest day in the middle of it too!

Enjoy what's left of the day y'all.

• Evening all

What:  4ml inc 8 x 200m @5k pace;  pm: 3.3 very easy, plus a few light strides
    Why:  any better suggestions for what to do the day before a 5k, please ?

• TMR - looks like you've got it under control, now hope it is not too hot for you. Put your head under a tap before you run if it looks like a scorcher!! No such luck here - overcast and drizzling.

RFJ - well done to you and Jnr!

AF - hope you are different to the norm - good luck.

Tipp Top - nothing wrong except this stupid foot isn't getting any better - think it's tight ligaments coming from the outside of my calf that's affecting it. Got lots of other stuff happening at the moment, so running isn't a priority.

Nice long run!

Gobi - hope you get it all sorted soon - though it looks like you've turned into a cyclist!

What: up early and ran with mates - over 2hrs - not sure how far. One very big hill! Then went to watch gdaughter's netball game. Funny my foot doesn't hurt as much while I'm running - just the rest of the time!

Good running everyone.

• Afternoon all,

Sorry, got out of the habit of posting again, but still running ;o)

What: Just finished a very hot and hilly 7 miler

Why: Easy day before longer run tomorrow.

Last Hard: Mmmm quite a while

Lyrics Nope

Have a great day

• NZC, the 5000m is at 9.30am, and its has got a little cooler in the last few days, so I'm not so worried about the heat.  It's just my poor form that is unfortunate.  I was really shocked by how much slower I ran over 5ml last Thurs, than I'd been running c 6 weeks ago.  ANd its a track race, and I haven't raced 5000m on the track for over 10 yrs, and then only once or twice, cos most of our league races are 3000m.  And, its the British Masters Champs, and i've now seen the entry, not that it surprises me, but I'll do well to come 8th out of 9, even if I run well.image    Then I'm doing the discus in the afternoon; probably 4th out of 4 entered, though I'd love to come 3rd,/bronze medal and it is just a possibility,  though I'd have to do a competetion PB by quite a long way.   And all a dress rehearsal for 4 weeks tomorrowimage

re your foot, have you had any treatment, and is it getting any better ? Not hurting while running then stiffening at rest is probably a good sign, that is only muscle tightness at the root of the problem

• Evening,

Small internet issue today - just got reconnected.

What: 6.8M
    Why: was going to be 5.5M but met friends and ran with them
    Last hard: it's all hard when it's warm
    Last rest: Thursday

Just off to fetch son and girlfriend from the station...

• What: Strômstad Mile - a 10 km race in Sweden
    Why: fancied a local race after the Oslo forest marathon 2 weeks ago.
    Last hard: above
    Result: 49:31, 15/25 in my age-group, happy with that
    Temp approaching 30C would have been about 47 but for this.

Strömstad is a beautiful seaside town on the upper west coast of Sweden, near the border to Norway. Known for shrimps, spa baths, summer boating and cross-border shopping.