Macclesfield half

Brilliant race. Got a PB despite the hills. Very impressed with the organisation and welcome that Macclesfield Harriers gave to everybody. Early result sheets a bonus.

See you all there next year.

Di

Comments

• HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Di

Congratulations on the PB. I'm very impressed given the course.

Andrew
  • I also managed a PB on this one, so I was pleased. Unfortunately, the Macc Harriers were out in force, so I only managed 2 points for the road-running champs!

I'd also like to echo Di's comments re the organisation & the early results service. Hopefully this is gonna be an annual event.
  • Also thought this was a brilliant race. I knew there were going to be hills, but not to this degree. Still, managed to squeeze out 1:57 despite blisters from a new pair of shoes.
    I also thought the oranisation was very efficient and the whole event was very welcoming. I live nearby, so I hope they hold the run every year.
  • excellent race and organisation, glad to hear it wasn't just me suffering on the hills! Didn't get a PB, 30 secs slower but happy given the course.
    See you all next year.
  • Thought the organisation was excellent! Cruised the first 10 miles and died over the last 3 due to hills. I nearly could not get up the incline around the running track at the end! I did 1.42 which I was pleased with as it was my second 1/2 M.

Any tips on holding back for the hills?
  • I enjoyed a PB too which was pleasing given the 2 large hills at 6 and 10 miles. There was plenty of downhill to make time up though. I'll be there next year hopefully. 517 runners completed the course, I thought a few more might have been there. I suggest allowing entry on the day next year.
  • Hope you guys don't mind me pushing in but I'm organising my first race its on the 3rd of August 2003 at Meerbrook which is'nt to far away from Maccesfield actually its 3 miles north of Leek towards Buxton the event is over 15k on the road all proceeds to go to my daughters school the meadows special school at biddulph any more details or for an entry form give me an e-mail on michael@hall007.freeserve.co.uk entries also being taken online via runners world site.

yours in sport
    Mick Hall
  • HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone enjoyed last year's race. This year's should be as good If not better!)

200+ entries so far and it's only June - get yours in now folks!
  • I have entered this race for september and just wondering if anyone has any hints/tips for a first timer on 1/2 marathon??
  • Hi.

I live in Nottingham. I'm always looking for new races and the 1/2 seems to be my best distance.

Would people who've run this recommend it so much that it would be worth the 60 mile drive?

Thanks!

Ed.

• Yeah, any recent experience of the race?