Sat 11th July

RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

..... looks like a new day dawning

SML 5000m for me today at Basingstoke, so no NHTT today... will be interesting to see how I go as have been really tired all week and have now had 2 rest days this week, so hoping for a good performance...

Comments

• morning

sounds like good prep RFJ

LOL

erm, cant recall when i was last here

Did a nice half marathon last week along the canal towpath from wolvo to brum

walked through the dark long tunnel though

Not entirely displeased with  a sub 2.10, esp as it was hot

This isnt pb weather

• Congratulations to birkmyre

heal soon alehouse, i suppose you cant rush these things

All this talk of high mileage is making me VERY tired

Going for a lie down

• Mornin all.

I'll go long soon - distance hopefully 14/15 before the rain arrives. It'll depend on how the body feels after last nites effort and few jars after.

4 mile race last nite - 23:20 went ok  - same course as 4 weeks ago and about 10 seconds faster. with little or no tapering. Still, not to mcmillans time though to get me on target for mara. I'll wait for a longer race before I panic on that one though as longer recent race times leave me closer on the calculator. It must have something to do with be being an "aulfella".

Birkmire  - Congrats on the Qual

TT - tell me the bug is gone. I heard a rumour that Fagan is now running NY instead - dont know if its true - something about invitations - Dont blame me if its not true.

Not sure about those lyrics.

Keep on runnin!

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

many congrats Birkmyre.

What: 6.6 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard: (sob) that was
    Last rest: sunday

Just don't understand.  Yesterday 5 miles on pretty much the same route as today, just shorter and earlier in the morning.  Today my pace was 40 secs slower than yesterday with HR much higher.  Oh well.  

I did wander 'off piste' this morning though.  I've noticed a sign on my normal morning route for the North Downs Way so I thought I'd follow it to see where it came out.  I just ended up running a big circle but came upon the most wonderful sight of a huge field of lavender in full bloom.  Amazing colour.  I'm going to head of again later with a camera to get a pic.  I see these fields every day from the train but it's great to be out running and come upon them.

Have a good day all.

• 6 mile recovery for me later after last night's 3.5 mile time trial. Got round in 22:36 which was 24 seconds faster than 6 weeks. 24 seconds is quite a reasonable chunk of improvement in 6 weeks over that distance (so I'm told), so I was pleased.

Furthermore, I was running much more comfortably than the last time (nearly died on my feet last time!)  and could probably have taken a bit more off if I'd been in the mood for some deep realms of pain (I've always been fundamentally lazy!!). Save it for another day maybe.

There's another one in 4 weeks so perhaps I might have a tilt at 22 minutes in that one.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning (just)...
    Yesterdays lyric was the Undertones' , "Here comes the summer", hopefully we have some more warm weather to come...
    Andy - NICE improvement !
    RFJ - Won't be at the track today, not heard so I'm assuming BMH have two runners already. Didn't get up and out to make the NHTT either, so doubly annoyed. Wish you all the best for a great run though, hopefully the rest will reap dividends.
    Heading out just now for 45 mins xc before going out for the rest of the day.

Enjoy the w/e

• Afternoon all,

AB:  Nice Improvement

PM2:  Nice 4m.  I wouldn;t worry too much about predicted times; the day I hit predicted times in anything but the mara will be a cold day in hell.  You can't expect to clock good 5k/10k times when your training for 42k.

• What:  AM 10m, PM: 5m
    • Why:  Recovery.  Mrs AF has picked up a cold and promptly given it too me - I knew I should have banished her to the spare room.  Thank goodness it only seems to be a head cold so far, so fingers crossed...
    • Last Hard:  1/1
    • Last Rest:  15/5

Have a good one!

• 15 d&d. Three good weeks strung together now. All on plan. Easier next week with a 10k on Friday.

AF  -Thanks for that - Thats the way i'm thinking.

Andy - great improvement - keep it up.

G'day 

• mavamava ✭✭✭

Afternoon.

Well done PM2.

Anyone interested in photos of fields of lavender look here

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

Well done on the 4m Paddy. The McMillan times are based on what you could do for each distance if you were training for it. i.e. if you hit mara target, and then done specific 10k training you should be able to hit the 10k predicted time, but you won't be expected to from mara training. Bug is gone. Only a 24hr-ish thing. Was still a little bambi-ish this morning so stuck with just one run for today. Would be cool if Fagan is not there, gives me a bit longer to get on his level image Can't blame him though, I bet NY are offering more money than Dublin.

AF - recover well.

Nice one AB image

What: 10m easy d&d
    Why: opted for just one run today (plan said 2 x 1hr) just to make sure I'm hunky dory for tomorrow's long one.
    Last hard: Wednesday.
    Last rest: 01/07.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Pace for effort was very good today. The bug may have done me a favour.

Have a good day all.

• Jasus TT i ran further than you today!!!.

Nice pic Mava - all i had to look at was drizzle and greyness  - and its still raining now.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

SML 5000m Report.... 

well had another rest day yesterday as so bliddy knackered...... knowing that I also had SML (southern Mens Lge) race today 5000m in a tough match.....

Warmed up nicely with team mates, secret plan afetr having 2 rest days this week was sub 18.....

Toed the line and the gun nearly gave us all a heart attack as we nearly all jumped back before going forwards... BANG image

Found my self in 2nd.... oh no I dont want this and an opening 200m of 39 secs..... ease off to normallity and drop to about 8/9th in what seems a strong group (8 scorers in the race and 3 non scorers.....)

I sit in and keep pushing and let a few get away and within a lap am back upto 8th, with 1 B string runner ahead... thats my target... 4 laps in and the other B is tiring so I push on, and its 20m to the next runner(s) who are a mix of A runners and a non scorer.

Then comes a monster lap, the wind dropped as the rain came and out popped a 1:25 to clear 2 more A runners..... just the non scorer to hunt as the other 3 are well ahead..... next lap he's mine and he was........

Then was a matter of holding it for the next 5 1/2 laps in windy and wet conditions... to come home 4th overall and win the B string race by 30 secs, only 2 A runners beat me and my best track performace in placing so far, and a second best ever time....

17:58, very happy

0.39, 1.23, 1.25, 1.25, 1.27, 1.27, 1.25, 1.27, 1.28, 1.28, 1.28, 1.29, 1.22

Good warm up and down then home..... and may even do a few more miles tonight.

Take care

• Hey RFJ, cracking report...

I'm new here but that gives me the urge to get that racing buzz again sometime soon...

Thanks.image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome DesRes

glad it gives you the buzz, we feed off echother on here (in a nice way)..image

• Evening all (though 'spect most folk, at least those on BST have gone to bed, or else doing something exciting cos its Saturday nightimage 

sharkie,  we do most of our hurdle drills at the lowest height they can go, but then there is me, 164cm, another women only a bit taller, and a 16 yr old lad who is also not much taller.  I can be very laid back about some races, others very hyped it, but actually don't find it makes that much difference, to me, about outcome, but then that's in longer races

PH, did you see Brilly there ?  apparently BR won it, and sounds like hilly was spectating

RFJ, brilliant race, exciting report. well done

What: am;  8.3ml inc 3ml @ MP (had intended to do 2 x 3ml, but ran out of energy cos hadn't eaten enough yesterday, and time cos I had to take Tigger to the vet);  then to Alexander stadium to watch the GB trials;  9pm - in drizzle and rain, feeling very virtuous to have got out again, 7.3ml
    Why;  only 4 weeks to M day