Waddesdon 5K

m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Done this once, back in 2005.

Haven't done any other 5k's so looking forward to this.

Comments

• I shall be in Switzerland ... wishing I was doing a 5k probably !!

You doing the Bearbrook  10k?
  • m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Won't you be done by the 15th image (I don't know the actual day of IM btw)

Will ponder Bearbrook............

• Hi folks.  I've done this one before.  It seems quite challenging for a 5K - I see now that they reckon the second half is mostly uphill - that would explain it then.  I do quite a few 10Ks so I come to this one expecting it to be a piece of cake, and it isn't!

Looking forward to it.  The last couple of years school events have got in the way.  This year I have booked to run and now a school event has cropped up, but I am probably still going to run it and then go on to the school afterwards (well there could be some champagne or at least wine involved image)

Hoping that Steven will join us on the thread as he usually lets us know how many folks are running in each category.  Nice when the organisers join in on the thread.

• I've done this a few times before. Yes, the second half is mostly up hill, but the first half is mostly downhill of course to compensate!image It is fine if you just grit your teeth on the climb! And there is a nice flat final 1k lap around the manor house where you can recover from the climb, to allow you to put in a dazzling sprint on the home straight!

I'm hoping to it again this year, but have a work meeting during the afternoon which might mean I'm too late. Will enter on evening if I do it.

• Had an email with race details.  Apparently we collect numbers on the day. 

Looking forward to it.  So few 5Ks around down here (apart from Race for Life).  They seem to get loads more up North. 

• I miss Buckinghamshire image I live in Bristol now but originally I come from Quainton which is just down the road. Next year I'll definitely come back and do this one - can't fit it in this year. Best of luck to all of you that are entering though!
  • hello all - planning on entering on day ... looks like a challenging 5k not to be taken lightly - GMx
  • Good turnout - as always there was a good mood amongst the runners and the marshals. As always I went off way to fast and paid the price for that enthusiasm on the climb back up to the manor house. They ought to think of making it a longer run using the downhill section to the main entrance at the A41 - using that for 300 yards then the return to the manor via the climb up the exit road - that would make it about 7 to 8 km. Failing that 2 circuits for a 10k.

I say this as I've done this trot 5 times now and is over too quick for my liking in such lovely surroundings.
  • EdKings - Nice idea to make it a 10K - but please not twice around the same circuit - only because that gives us 2 very long drags.  There may be scope for alternative routes of course!

Going around the back of the Manor, having seen the finish, is a bit of a killer but at least a good opportunity to view other parts of the estate! 

Must come for a less formal visit soon.

• Two loops wouldn't make sense come to think of it - as the rear runners would get lapped by the front runners on the 2nd climb and that would confuse the hell out of things at the finish line!
  • any idea when the results will be online?