You forget how much it drops off...

Really did forget how much changes if you stop training for a couple of weeks, been on holiday, had the other half move in and work got in the way of running for a few weeks, first run yesterday was shameful!

Did do 3 runs in Spain on holiday which made me feel a bit smug, and toasty.

Got A new pair of shiny Saucony shoes to play with now, and a new Nike dri-fit kit, after a little spnding splurge.

Onwards and upwards I hope, got to knuckle down and train a bit harder.

Comments

• Tell me about it, holiday & a severe case of cant-be-arsed-itis meant I'd slacked off big style for a couple of weeks so when I went out for a 6mile run the other Saturday thinking this'll be a doddle I was sadly mistaken and had to admit defeat at 4miles.  Have been out for a couple more 4 mile runs since then so am hoping that'll stand me in good stead for the scheduled 8miler this saturday *fingers crossed*

Ooooh I have a new pair of Sauconys too... Am gonna wear them tonight for a little 3mile tester run.

• I'm quite impressed by them, they cost a small fortune - really light on the feet, and wide enough which I really like.

Got a 5.5miler on the 29th, so should be Ok, the 5km last night wasn't the easiest still!

• It was warm/extremely close yesterday though which could explain why your run wasn't the easiest one in the world.  I thought about going on the treadmill in the gym after abs class last night but figured as it was so warm the gym with it's carp air conditioning would be unbearable.  Is that 5.5miler a race or just what your training plan says???  I never think to go up in half miles, I always whack another full mile on when doing my plans.

Which ones have you got??? Mine are the Omni 7 or something.

• I have been a bit stop start over the last month or so with the longest gap being a couple of weeks. I'ev found the first run back is harder than you'd thought it'd be but the second is brilliant, seemingly benefitting from the rest and regained fitness. After that it is all downhill again!
  • Right that's it I must get out of the door tonight, image  I've ran once I think it the last 4 weeks image and just can't motivate myself once I've walked the dog and done the million and one other things that I seem to have to do.

No kids swimming lesson tonight, just a job application to do some more on, an OU assignment to get started and a submission to get Chartered to get started !

I can spare half an hour to get out of the door with my trainers on.

I need to get back up to long runs at the weekend to help shift some of this stone that keeps hanging around me.

SJ

• What time are you going?

I will try to meet you - virtually of course  image

• I'm planning on going out at about 6 if anyone wants to join me for a nice easy 3miles round the local streets dodging chavs & drunks...
  • Is that 6am, I have no will power to run in the evening.....
  • Sorry Gaz its going to be 6pm... I dont have time to squeeze a run in before work and where's the fun in running at a time when there aren't any kids about to heckle you???
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭

2 weeks?  4 weeks?  Pah, that's nothing.

Stopped running at 15 weeks pregnant, started again 6 weeks ago, when my daughter was 11 months old.

Now THAT is hard work.image

• While you are heading out at 6pm, I'll be on the final leg of a tough 5 mile speed session!
  • Probably 5:45-6ish for me too, maybe a 3 miler around the res, that way I get sneeky rests at the gates image
  • No hard work is starting when you're 39 (after having baby no. 3) having never run before except around a hockey pitch (the last time being in the sixth form).

I started off on the RW run/walk programme run 1 walk 2 minutes, which was OK, but when I moved up to 2 and 2 I thought my legs were broken when I'd finished my 1/2 hour!

But I've now done a few 10Ks and a half marathon this year , whichI hope to do again if I can get my backside out of the door

• Nowt more training for me today, I not doing anything till Sunday image
  • Sorry CazSoul, will be thinking of you then. Best time of the day is 6am, no heckling, few cars and fresh clean air - perfect.
  • Piddling it down when I got home, but I went out, OK it was only 20 minutes and a couple of miles, but the main thing is I broke by running duck image
  • Went out at 8 and did 4 miles and arrived back to uplifting thunderous applause which turned out just to be thunder! Timed it just right I think
  • Maybe lightning has its benefits if it illuminates you more!
  • Loss of a couple of weeks training -

that would depend on just how fit one is

2 weeks off would'nt change me much , but then i 've been at it al a long time -

this is where regular training is so vital -

wishing you al well 

• CazSoul wrote (see)

It was warm/extremely close yesterday though which could explain why your run wasn't the easiest one in the world.  I thought about going on the treadmill in the gym after abs class last night but figured as it was so warm the gym with it's carp air conditioning would be unbearable.  Is that 5.5miler a race or just what your training plan says???  I never think to go up in half miles, I always whack another full mile on when doing my plans.

Which ones have you got??? Mine are the Omni 7 or something.

Don't know, will have to have a look at th trainers - all blue and silver and very shiny (for now)

• i did today something ive not done before. i missed on two consective days of running due to some lame reason or two. running today was a must come what may. 5am and i was on my feet, however being greeted by loud thunder and lightening out side and it began to rain. i did my 10k 15 to 20 minutes in heavy rain and about 40 minutes of light downpour . ofcourse ended by lots of streching. i now wonder what effect the body is gona have. so far i feel great but getting up tomorrow morning will be another tale. any comments please...
  • Guess you'll have to see, I love running in the rain anyways image