X-country

Does anyone know of any x-country events that are open to non-club members in the Herts/Essex North London region

Comments

• I'm not sure how it all works, but why don't you join a club, then you'll have tons to choose from (and lots of other benefits of a club too)?

Nicola
  • Just moved to the area so I will take your advise. I am more a cyclist/triathlete so I will check that out. Cheers Jason
  • Jason

my club, in Essex, runs in three leagues. There is the Essex League which is the big one which tends to be of a better quality field (so I believe), the North Essex League which has clubs from Ipswich, Dunmow, Colchester and Chelmsford, and the Mid Essex League which is meant to be a bit better for people's first experiences of cross country.

I think its possible to enter all three as a non club member, but I could be wrong.
  • Joining a club is usually cheap - all you need is the membership and their vest - you don't actually have to ever meet them other than to hand your finishing number over at the end!
  • Parky thanks for the advice Jason
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Where abouts have you moved to Jason? I'm thinking of joining the Trent Park Running Club in Enfield and from their website I know they hold regular cross-country events.

Just can't quite commit sufficiently to running on specific days of the week to take that step and join a club - I like the flexibility of running on my own.
  • Minkin, I live in Sawbridgeworth but I work at the David Lloyd club in Enfield and I do know a couple of the guys from Trent Park as they are members. Peter Lambert has set up a Tri-club at Trent and uses our pool on a Saturday morning before running with Trent, his details are on web site.