Saturday 22nd August 2009

Uh, flirtatious, tryin to show patience.

A little bit of irony with the lyrics seen as the weather has broken image

Will read back later, but for now.

What: 15m easy coming up.
Why: Saturday.
Last hard: Y'day (57:49 for the 10m med+ in the middle of 16).
Last rest: Sunday.

Have a great day all!!!

Comments

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

googled the lyrics as I had a suspicion.

Off to family barbque this afternoon.  Hope the weather in the Reading area doesn't break too badly as there will be a houseful of kids getting underfoot otherwise. Will be the first time in a year to see at least one sibling and family.  Time does fly when you're getting older.  

What: trying to decide, might be short run, might be short bike, might be nothing at all
    Why: taper but I find myself awake earlier than intended
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: thursday

Have a nice day now image

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

mava - you should be ok. It was very cloudy and looked like rain this am, but shaping up for a lovely day after all (which makes the lyrics appropriate rather than ironic I guess) image

Stickless - nice progress already!

Better safe than sorry Gobi.

AB - nice one image

Hi Tinebeest and welcome DazTheSlug.

• mavamava ✭✭✭

hi again. Glad to hear the weather is shaping up well.

Back from 3.8 miles easy.   When I strapped on the HRM was shocked to se HR was around 58 and dropped quickly to around 50 while I was faffing about. It's often the case that the day after a hard run my HR is low and stays low for the run.

Byee

• AB - let me know if your losing 75 seconds every 3 months continues... if so I could be a very rich man come the end of the next olympics image.  Well done on the continued improvements!

Hi DazTheSlug

Went for the 40 min run yesterday, bad idea!  Ended up feeling worse after (ill as well as sore throat), so taking at least today off.  Didn't sleep well either because of it.  Annoying that just as I'm starting to get my pre-July fitness back this happens, but such is the way of training!

What:  Well, I'll watch a marathon image
    Why:  Because it's the world champs and rest day as above
    Last hard:  swallowing
    Last rest:  Wednesday
    Lyrics:  not today

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Morning

What: 13 miles with the dawn patrol. It was a relatively cool 30C at the start (0500) and 34C when we were done. All done at MP.
    Why: Its Saturday and its what I said we would do on the club web site.
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Last  Rest: Yesterday

I need to start runing longer than that as Clarendon is only 6 weeks away or or more likely I'll just have to rely on experience on the day and take the pain!

Mava: Have a nice Bar-B-que, bad weather is very rarely a issue here!

Welcome: Dazslug

Lyrics: nope continuing my losing streak for 4 days. I'm going to have to start the thread more often!

• Morning peeps.

What: 60mins on bike.

Why; Still slowly recovering from injury.

Lyrics; Nope.

Mava: Enjoy your bbq.

TT; Have a good 15 miler ( at moment can only do that distance on bike...sadly)

Dazslug: Nice to have you onboard.

Great to be watching more athletics on TV !.

All the best to weekend racers.

• Good day all,

21 miles d&d. 2 hours 32 mins. Great long run. Ran over the Hill of Howth. Mava, you'd like this one - purple heather one side, hundreds of feet drop to the sea on the other.

Sitting now watching World Champ Marathon.

In a hurry now, but will look in later. 

Googled the Lyrics out of curiosity.

Keep on runnin 

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Daz - nice to see you in these parts do stick around

What: Marathon watching
    Why: rest day
    Last Hard: Thursday
    Lyrics - Had to google wouldn't have got it
  • Hello all,

Haven't been around since I hadn't run until today after going tits up on Tuesday, and I've been <whispers> checking out the US site too. Anyway, I will head off in a minute and put the tv on and see if they are showing any of the athletics. That would be nice!

What: 10 miles 'easy' d&d in 75F heat and 99% humidity
    Why: I don't know!! It's like breathing soup out there. The heat wasn't so bad this morning but the humidity nearly finished me off.
    Lyrics: no idea but I think I am going to be bodacious today.

Good runnings all!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

NHTT in a modest 22:07, started hard and in 10 paces knew hamstring was tight, so eased back, looked for Jnr and ran with him.

Take care all

• Afternoon,

Don't know about marathon watching - I'm rather enjoying the cricket this afternoon!!!!

What: 15.8M
    Why: LSR
    Last hard: this morning
    Last rest: Thursday

Pleased with this morning's run.  Ran at a comfortable pace all the way and just kept going - felt good out there and enjoyed it.  Today was the first day since it happened that I've run down the road where the buzzard went for me - no sign of it today and, believe me, I was keeping a good look out all the way along that bit.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 5miles with an 18.24 5km thrown in d&d
    25 miles + of bike racing PM d&d
    Why: road back and fun
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: ages ago
    Lyrics: don't think so

have fun :¬)
  • Hi everyone,

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

What: 50mins/6.8miles. Last run of the week and clocked up a 100km.

Why: Had to be done, still buildin'.

Last hard: Yesterday

Last rest: Wednesday

Lyrics, not a clue...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening all!

What: 10 mins rather gingerly
    Why: blisters/bruising on heal interfering with decent running...very frustrating.
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: Dec 24

Lyrics: no wiser after googling.

Enjoyed watching a group of runners having what, for many miles, appeared to be a casual training run around Berlin, with the sound off whilst listening to Test Match Special at the same time. Enjoyed this evening's athletics too.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • (DazTheSlug here, using OH's login)

not sure how long I'll keep this up, but just had to say how fantastic that video of puppets doing Jungle is image
    no idea about today's though

What: 4hrs 20mins hacking up/down/round/across Kinder Scout - about 12Miles and gawd knows how many feet of ascent - glorious purple heather in the sunshine, baby grouse, swarms of 'orrible black/orange flies, nearly fractured my ankle bone on a boulder and hyperextended a knee on final descent - pretty much a perfect day out image

Why: need to get time on feet/rough hilly stuff in if I'm going to get round 3 Shires fell race in 4 weeks image