2XU compression calf thingys

Has anyone got these, i have had problems with my tight calf on my longer runs and fancy trying these out,

However i can only find them online and was wondering whether people buy them a size smaller/bigger etc, i know i can always send them back, but trying to save a bit of hassle.

Cheers

Comments

• ShinyShiny ✭✭✭
    Don't know about those ones but I've got some knee high compression socks and I just bought normal size (being a size 12 I have to buy the biggest size available anyway).  They actually make my calves hurt *more* than usual at the start of a run but I'm sure they're beneficial overall.
  • I'd like to hear from people that have used these if possible peeps?

Got a recuring lower calf tightness problem, and want to know if these would help.

Thanks in advance!

• Try X-Socks compression socks. Knee high in black and I think white.

They are great! I wear them on most of my training runs and have a spare pair that I wear after, this really does help with DOMS especially the next morning. My longer runs too, next morning hardly any stiffness, ready to train again!!!

Ebay is where I brought mine I think they were £12.99 inc postage.

I would think the 2XU calf guards and the 2XU compression socks do the same thing.

Get Some!

• I have a pair of the 2XU Elite compression tights that i bought three weeks ago. I am guseeing that the lower leg bit is the same as the calf socks.

I wear them just for recovery so far , ie for a couple of hours after a run, and have been really impressed.

I have been running every day since I got them, and as Al P notes, have suffered no DOMS, which I would have done previously.

As for sizing, does it not tell you on the 2XU website ? It certainly gives a hieght/weight chart for the tights. It told me that I needed small, and when I got them out of the packet, I thought that there was no way I'd get them on, but they were easy and very comfy, althpough I do have to explain my self to anybody who calls at the house when I am wearing them image

• HA ME TOO! I get very strange looks!

Like why are you wearing tights?!!!!!

I just say its what David Becham wears image

• DazDaz ✭✭✭

I use 2xu calf guards for Half Ironman to Ironman+, and leggings for recovery (try sleeping in them).

The sizing chart is pretty good - check out the website.  If you're on a borderline then go for the lower size.  Better to have a tighter fit than a looser one (which wont do a lot).  I use Small for both.

Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭

I wear compression socks - find that they are comfortable but the jury is out on whether they are effective.

What I have found a great help with dodgy calf muscles is `the stick`. There are some live threads on RW at the moment I think.

Don`t believe all the blurb http://www.thestick.com/

but it is a very useful tool for tight/knotted calf muscles (and not doubt other bits).

5 mins of `massage` before a run and the same after works wonders.

I`ve been plagued by calf/soleus/achilles tightness for years and this is the best thing I`ve found so far.

Have a look on Amazon - I think they may be cheaper.

• Reidy 36Reidy 36 ✭✭✭

I have just started using compression socks as have tight calves (right one gets sore) since i changed my running style.

Before i wore them, right calkf would start to get sore after 5-10 mins running, have worn the socks now 4 times, and i start to feel it at about the 3-4 mile point.

I have noticed a big difference.

• BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    Reidy 36 wrote (see

I have just started using compression socks as have tight calves (right one gets sore) since i changed my running style.

Before i wore them, right calkf would start to get sore after 5-10 mins running, have worn the socks now 4 times, and i start to feel it at about the 3-4 mile point.

I have noticed a big difference.

That`s interesting. Perhaps I should persevere.