Cardiff Half-Marathon

Comments

• Welcome Head Gone. Im Rio...time pleaseimage Any more for any more. Daz1927 is that your time?
    DB9/ kittenkat/ SteveG/Don Kiddick 1.27
    daz1927/Spike sends Love light and peace/Stray Celt 1.40
    The Kings Shrew: 1.50
    Pingu Pongu 1.52
    hovis 1.56
    Catoface 1.59.55...caution thrown for you
    Dean Oram 2:00-2:10
    Sideshowbob 2.05 or less if I'm lucky
    Paul Bowen 4 2:10
    Head Gone 2.29.59 - starts right at the back so less people overtake me.
    Im Rio!

Shift and enter does the trick every time image

• DB9/ kittenkat/ SteveG/Don Kiddick 1.27
    Pingu Pongu 1.52
    hovis 1.56
    Im Rio! (absolutely no idea - will decide on the day whether to pace a couple from my group or not)

• Aaaargh - I think I'm the biggest pratt in Cardiff.  At club last night, told others I hadn't made a decision, but decided I would race and register today.

Had car in garage this morning, so been out most of day, just went online to register and it closed at 1200 image

However, just phoned helpline, and lady said if I posted it tonight, they should get it on Monday and all should be fine - phew image

Cheers for info Spike, but I've only just read so a tad late lol.

• Oh yeah, meant to say I think I saw you out last night h0vis, by Wagon Wheel on Taff Trail, you were running with one other?
  • DB9/ kittenkat/ SteveG/Don Kiddick 1.27

oft 1:35 
    Pingu Pongu 1.52
    hovis 1.56
    Im Rio! (absolutely no idea - will decide on the day whether to pace a couple from my group or not)

• Head Gone wrote (see)

Well I'll be brave and put my time down - no laughing please.

Head Gone 2.29.59 - starts right at the back so less people overtake me.image

Never can get rid of that space. 

image Hi HG...  I may have to join you in the back row for this one.  I seem to be going backwards with my HMs (I have only had  two)image 

Having read the times been declared on this thread, I will slink back to the other cardiff thread where the pace is more at my levelimage

• HG! Runner "String" bean! Hello Hello fellow Bath Half runners. (In case you have no idea who I am, my forum name was MLC@30).

Fear not, as I'm running, nobody on this thread needs worry about their time being too slow, my goal is 2:50!

I'm doing this one and also royal parks the week before. A bit of practice in multiple races in a short space of time ready for disney goofy marathon and a half in Jan.

• daz........ where is the wagon wheel?

i was on the taff trail, so it was probably me

• The wagon wheel (as we call it) is just where you come out of Hayleigh (sp?) Park heading North, under the Railway Bridge, then the houses are on your left.  The wheel is just before you can turn left following the cycle route betwwen the houses, or you can just go straight on up the road.  A group of us (about 10) were stood there at approx. 1830 on Thurs, and you went past over the brow of the hill towards the Canal entrance? 

Think I also saw you at Parkrun on Sat, I was at about 300m from start on your left hand side, as I was on an LSR and was heading North, so decided to stand aside as you all passed, then I continued.

• madaussie wrote (see)

HG! Runner "String" bean! Hello Hello fellow Bath Half runners. (In case you have no idea who I am, my forum name was MLC@30).

Fear not, as I'm running, nobody on this thread needs worry about their time being too slow, my goal is 2:50!

I'm doing this one and also royal parks the week before. A bit of practice in multiple races in a short space of time ready for disney goofy marathon and a half in Jan.

Hello mlc!image or shal I say madaussie great of you to say hello, I'm sure SeeJay, HG, Loopy, Nessie, Towner, Lbb etc.. from the old Bath Thread would  love to hear form you.

SeeJay started another thread for Bath 2010 and even though I don't plan to run it next year I have been dropping in to say hi, there is also another Cardiff HM thread with some of the Bath 2009 threaders on there as we've migrated from the Bristol 2009 thread to the Cardiff HM thread.

Any costumes planned for the Cardiff HM?  Catch you later!

• daz, yeah i rememer seeing your group on thursday night, i was doing the les croupiers club run (7½ miles) seem to do it every week,  i try to do the parkrun most weeks too

madaussie..... im doing it in fancy dress

• That was us, we're usually running around that area too on Thursday evenings.  Will say "Hi" if I see you this week.

Does dressing as a bloke pretending to be a runner count as fancy dress, if so I am? image

• I will be going as a pirate image
  • I'm not planning on a costume...but then I wasn't planning on a cosutme for FLM. evil forumites convinced me it would be good fun!

I'll pop into the bath thread and say hello.

• i know this isn't technically allowed but what the hell?

I managed to sign up by the cut off 2 weeks ago but 2 of my mates who agreed to enter with me didn't get it. Does anyone know of anyone who has a number but is injured or for any other reason not entering to buy their numbers from them

I know some races allow you to exchange race numbers but not the big ones - anyone know why?
  • Welshy

In most cases Health and Safety is banded around as an "excuse" but in reality it's due to the extra cost that would be involved in reallocating the timing chip and various other admin details (this could include anything about medical conditions that may need special assitance in an emergency).
    The "celeb" TV Doctor,Hilary Jones, was banned from all future London Marathons the year before last because he gave his number to his son.Whilst there were no problems,organisers will not take the risk,and rightly so in these days of  "where there's blame there's a claim".
    Your best bet is to contact the organisers and see what they can do. Don't hold your breath though.

• its a bit quiet in here, there must have been 70+ pages for the wolves to brum half a few months ago, and no where near the amout of people ran.

• Finally got confirmation today that my entry has been processed, my cheque has been cashed lol, so I'm in.

• no, i think i have to wait till somebody aproves it
  • nope.

anywho, do we get a FREE t-shirt?, as looking on the website, the white and red one with big dragon is lush, me want one

• Had email confirming that the race pack should be out this week image
  • Already have 1 Full and 2 Half t-shirts from Cardiff, as I recall they are all almost the same.  Maybe this years design might be a bit more eye-catching.
  • Had my race pack this morning No   1300 image
  • Hopefully my pack will be there when I get home this evening.

Managed to source an entry for a club buddy as well, will sort details out tonight.

• I'm in...so there's at least one pacer guaranteedimage